Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

DJDannyDee

'Riced' Celicas

Question

This sould be fun!

"Riced" - definition: A car that has been so heavily or poorly modified that the general consensus is that it looks ridiculous. 

Have you ever 'riced' a vehicle? Have you seen one parked up and just had to take a picture on how bad you thought it was? If so, post it up here. 

Please note that if you see your car here we do apologise. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, so take no offence. Not every modification will be everyone's cup of tea. So please remember, this is just for a bit of fun :) 

Allow me to 'take one for the team' and kick it off with what I did to my first car. I was young, only 19. Heavily influenced by Americana muscle cars having spent 10 years over there growing up. I beg all of your forgiveness' even though at the time I thought it was the most beautiful creation ever....

1977 TA23 1600ST Celica

IMG_1076.thumb.JPG.258db20fcf394f39cd6645d9d1ee1c16.JPG

Your turn.... ;) 

13 answers to this question

An argument could be made that every Stock Gen7 GT was Riced by Toyota :)

I expect, at the time, you car would be considered a little ridiculous. Now, however, it's looks kinda cool B)

• Like 2

Wow , your TA23 was a bit crazy ! !

Here's one , not mine i hasten to add !

Although for some strange reason i do quite like the grill , would look good an a matt black/rat RA28

born.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LucyLou said:

I was concerned mine was heading a little ricey B)

afraid not!, very nice and rare is a different matter :thumbsup:.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 77 Liftback said:

Wow , your TA23 was a bit crazy ! !

Here's one , not mine i hasten to add !

Although for some strange reason i do quite like the grill , would look good an a matt black/rat RA28

born.jpg

Looks like something out of Mad Max! 

I try to keep rice out my cars and keep put it in a bowl, with some lovely food on it. I've become more partial to brown rice lately.

Rice is very good for soaking up any water ingress. Great if you have convertible, and wife forgets to put the roof up when it rains.

So no one noticed the TA22 bonnet vents I attached to the rear arches of that TA23? You guys are slipping ;) I thought that surely deserved a roasting!