GA61 investment?

Ditto me and GT4

This type / age of car is not going to show returns for years. If you can buy mint and store then fine.

If you are going to run it, you will have to accept you will pay for the privilege.

with a classic car its very rarely an investment, unless you find a bargain, you may break even on it but a lot of the time it will require ongoing maintenance,

I also dont believe in just parking them up

if you import one and sell it on straight away, then you could turn a profit  - but it can be hit and miss as you are buying blind

I have no intention of Parking it up or putting it in storage.

This was the car I dreamed of owning when I was doing a my paper round! I'm going to be driving it :)

Or at least I will be if I can import one. I've not seen an MA61 for sale in a while now. Plus, the ones I have seen have over here, recently, all been auto's :(

Would prefer the 2.8 if I can find one. There is a green one on that site.

I know it's a stupid idea, in truth, I am just trying to convince the part of my tiny mind that thinks logically that it could make sense :)

56 minutes ago, Freeman558 said:

This was the car I dreamed of owning when I was doing a my paper round! I'm going to be driving it :)

Do it - I bought my gen4 as a guy down my street had a brand new one when I was 4  and I dreamed about it ever since

the price only seems to go up , 10 years ago - they could be picked up for £100 as they were not desirable - and there were regularly 3 for sale on ebay at any 1 time - same as the gen4s - i bought a gen4 just for the heater matrix and exhaust  to go into my other one

member Surjit was selling his, but has sold a few of his other cars recently so maybe holding onto it now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-Toyota-Celica-Supra-4-0-V8-MA61-1UZ-Retro-/112503914841?hash=item1a31c18159:g:uLcAAOSw-K9ZD4rA

43 minutes ago, ams said:

member Surjit was selling his, but has sold a few of his other cars recently so maybe holding onto it now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-Toyota-Celica-Supra-4-0-V8-MA61-1UZ-Retro-/112503914841?hash=item1a31c18159:g:uLcAAOSw-K9ZD4rA

OMG I want!!!

Don't blame him for keeping that

MA61's are a pukka looking car,and a little under appreciated IMO. Great shape.Steve C has his metallic blue over silver which is sweet. (Auto )

Darryl who frequents the TEC and whom I know mainly because he happened to be a mate of my brother in law (small world) ,has a mint car or two,his silver MA was at Beaulieu.They're one of the rare cars that I wouldn't worry about changing the wheels on either,they look really good.

Beaulieu 229.jpg

• Like 2

They are a great car and now appreciating very well. To buy a nice one you are looking at £5-£7k , this issue is finding one. they suffer badly from rot if not well looked after , especially rear hatch and sunroof. I bought mine 10 years ago a manual with full history and 123k from new , if you can find one buy it as it is one of those cars which show good appreciation and a hoot to drive with that silky twin cam 6.

1 hour ago, 1600GTCelica said:

They are a great car and now appreciating very well. To buy a nice one you are looking at £5-£7k , this issue is finding one. they suffer badly from rot if not well looked after , especially rear hatch and sunroof. I bought mine 10 years ago a manual with full history and 123k from new , if you can find one buy it as it is one of those cars which show good appreciation and a hoot to drive with that silky twin cam 6.

£5 - £7k!

Oh I wish

To import one would be around £14k

Which would make Surjit's a steal. I am looking for any garages I can rent in my area at the moment. If I am honest, I wouldn't feel that comfortable owning that monster, I haven't put any of the work into it and neither would I have the knowledge/skills to take it further. It also scares the crap out of me :D but if I can find a place to keep it safe then I might be seeing if he's still looking to sell.

Edited by Freeman558

You can still get them for 5-7k when they come from sellers - the problem is a lot of dealers have been picking them up for 4-5k over the last few years and then whacking them for sale at 20k - but they sit for sale for ages

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.