Does anyone else get MOT nerves?

I didn't do a patch using Flag by itself; maybe I could add that. I think the Jenolite has to have some paint applied on top of it, in fact, Jenolite now do a paint. Also, on my Rover, I've done some bits with Flag and some bits with Jenolite (both with primer and top coat); I just hope I've kept good notes on what areas got what treatment :unsure:. Over 20 years ago, I treated some absolutely rust-rotten hand-wheels from the valves on my central heating oil storage tank by immersing them in simple phosphoric acid (which we had at work) and then painted them, and the rust has never come back.

I think my nerves come from my first ever MOT being a fail (on my old XR2), and my Celica's first being a fail due uneven braking at the front (never actually noticed anything myself though). 2 passes ever since though :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2017 at 20:35, bazz54 said:

... I decided to try a local garage and I've never seen such a long list of advisories... Fortunately, someone put me on to another garage and the same car has subsequently passed another 2 MoT's with no advisories.

If you can find a "dedicated" MoT testing business you will find their results are far more honest. They don't do repairs so it's left to the vehicles owner to take it to a garage or do the repairs themselves. Local councils will sometimes offer this 'no axe to grind' service in between maintaining their own vehicles.

Edited by Xanadu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.