Odb reader

I had the check engine light, vsc and trc off lights come on a few weeks ago, I disconnected battery and it hasn't come back since. 

But id like to buy a reader to see if it gets any codes coming up. 

I did read though that a odb wouldn't read Vsc and trc lights??

anyone got a link to a good reader? Don't want to spend a fortune. I've seen a few in ebay but don't really know what I'm looking for.

Edited by matt1280

I think only the Toyota machine, maybe the snap-on and other really expensive readers can read the other control units.  Anything else is just the main engine ECU. 

I have one of the ELM237 blue Bluetooth ODBII readers plugged in and use it with Torque app on my phone.  Its brilliant.  And cheap.

5 hours ago, G.Lewarne said:

I think only the Toyota machine, maybe the snap-on and other really expensive readers can read the other control units.

I believe it's more due to proprietary extensions to the ODB-II that's the problem. These can be reverse engineered but it's rarely worth the effort.

6 hours ago, Connor2x4 said:

The TRC and VSC lights come on whenever the check engine light goes on. Mine comes on each time for code 0420 which is from decat

I'll buy one and see if it throws anything up.

i did notice that my MAF sensor had a bit of plastic missing just under where the rubber O ring sits, replaced it for a spare MAF I had and car seems smoother, so could of been that!?

For the sake of 12 quid or however much you manage to get one for they're worth it. Better than having to disconnect the battery every time!!

It may have been, just keep an eye on it :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.