Imobiliser/ignition problem

As long as the bellhousing is held solidly to the engine, it shouldn't have an effect on the clutch. The biggest danger of mixing up bolts is a short bolt where a long one should be may pull the tread out, if a bolt is too long it may go tight before it's actually holding anything, and this is what may cause clutch issues.

If these links work, it should be the Toyota workshop manuals for the gen 7. Dropbox are discontinuing public link sharing so I'm trying google.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1egIA8cOCXVNlp5ZVpMWmc1MWM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1egIA8cOCXVMERSSjAweVZhVWc

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/04/2017 at 07:38, gary390 said:

Ams-i dont know if this will shed any light on the problem but yesterday i was coming down the hill to my house,when i pressed the brakes pretty hard the engine cut out.Then this morning on my way to work i was braking for a roundabout,as i changed down & pressed the brakes the EML flashed as usual but i could feel something through the pedal,like a clicking feeling,not like anything the discs or pads could cause.ive never felt anything like it in any car before.It didnt cut out like yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds just like the problems I was having with my Saab, stalling out when stopping and I had that shuddering on the brakes once. Gave up with it in the end as nothing I did fixed it!

Foogles its killing me mate!!!..,i go to pull out of a junction quickly when a gap comes up,and the car either tries to kill me by throwing me through the window when it starts to kangaroo,or the approaching car nearly ploughs into the side of me!!!
If it IS an electrical issue,i could be there all year looking & STILL not find it[emoji35]

AMS-the problem has now become terminal.she broke down on the way to work today,the kangarooing became so bad i had to pull over & turn her off.Just before it started getting so bad that i couldnt drive her,i noticed the TRC & VSP lights came on but not the EML light,i hadnt touched the traction control button,and when i tried to switch it off with the button the lights stayed on.3-5-6 were the REALLY bad gears,but they were all un drivable really.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.