Dead Battery

Got back from holiday and have not driven the celica for almost 4 weeks. Before this there has been some slow starting up issues but this time before even cranking it i checked with the multimeter and the battery was at 7.3volts. Dead

So need a new battery and 2 are showing. A 005 and a 158. The 158 seems smaller in size.

Should i just stick with the 005 type that im currently using?

Someone needs to fix the forums its just too damn slow

• 3 weeks later...

Used to have the Old bigger battery but when I was due for a change, I picked the slim version and haven't got any issue at all. Every time I go for Holiday now for a month or more. I always disconnect the Negative terminal and never had a dead battery at all.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

for those who need a new battery for a facelift, the 158 code cross references to  a type 053 and is identical in size, capacity and CCA.  Not sure why two different codes for the same type of battery, but there we go - also, lots of places cost the 158 higher than the 053, which is funny considering the old varta I pulled out had both numbers on it indicating it was indeed, exactly the same.

Now got a new Yuasa YBX3053 on it and boy does it crank fast now

Edited by G.Lewarne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.