Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
slybunda

Dead Battery

Question

Got back from holiday and have not driven the celica for almost 4 weeks. Before this there has been some slow starting up issues but this time before even cranking it i checked with the multimeter and the battery was at 7.3volts. Dead

So need a new battery and 2 are showing. A 005 and a 158. The 158 seems smaller in size.

Should i just stick with the 005 type that im currently using?

Someone needs to fix the forums its just too damn slow

4 answers to this question

Used to have the Old bigger battery but when I was due for a change, I picked the slim version and haven't got any issue at all. Every time I go for Holiday now for a month or more. I always disconnect the Negative terminal and never had a dead battery at all.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

got new battery and all is working fine. will remember next time i leave it sitting for too long to disconnect the negative terminal.

• Like 1

for those who need a new battery for a facelift, the 158 code cross references to  a type 053 and is identical in size, capacity and CCA.  Not sure why two different codes for the same type of battery, but there we go - also, lots of places cost the 158 higher than the 053, which is funny considering the old varta I pulled out had both numbers on it indicating it was indeed, exactly the same.

Now got a new Yuasa YBX3053 on it and boy does it crank fast now

Edited by G.Lewarne

Sign in to follow this