2ZZ-ge lambda sensor issue 2005 Celica 190

Im having a big problem with the front lambda sensor on my 2005 celica vvtl-i 190 GT.

I bought a direct replacement from ebay,its an NGK sensor,not one of the rubbish ones,it was a proper one with the right plug.The downstream fitted straight in with no problems,but the front one is too short.

my problem is,according to every site ive looked on,the one they sent me is correct,for my car it says that the lead is either 450 or 470mm,but the one i took of my car was 600mm.

as far as i know the exhaust is the factory fitted T-sport one that came with the car,certainly the sensors seemed original judging by the amount of swearing & grinding it took to get them out,but im still left with the problem of this cable.

does any one know what is going on with the upstream sensor & why mine seems to require a length which does not seem available??,nothing has been modified on my car to the best of my knowledge,so why can i not seem to find the correct sensor with a cable that will reach.

i have read somewhere that Toyota used various different sensors for the same year car??,is this true?

i will attach some pics to show you the issue.

thanks in advance

Gary

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

Hi 

I think you may have bought the 1zzfe sensor by mistake. There's a denso one on eBay that's 590mm which is probably the one you're after.. I'll slap the link below :) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231144081405 

I've just tried that link I've given you and it won't work. Here's a screenshot of what to search for.. I've also noticed the seller is Eurocarparts so if theres one near you, you could take your faulty one with you to measure up before buying it :)

IMG_5023.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
Hi 

I think you may have bought the 1zzfe sensor by mistake. There's a denso one on eBay that's 590mm which is probably the one you're after.. I'll slap the link below [emoji4] 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231144081405 

I've just tried that link I've given you and it won't work. Here's a screenshot of what to search for.. I've also noticed the seller is Eurocarparts so if theres one near you, you could take your faulty one with you to measure up before buying it [emoji4]

IMG_5023.PNG

I got the sensor you shown me from ECP,it fits & works perfectly.thanks for your help Mcflory[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.