Mamba Turbos

shaungt4

Firstly sorry if this is the wrong section feel free to move.

OK Mamba Billet Turbos 

I am on the verge of ordering one for the 165 gt4 has anyone had any experience  with them ?.

Have read a lot of reviews and all in all they seem to be a good buy . I don't wont to go and spend out over £6-700 and find they are not very good. The kit comes with braided oil and water lines gaskets and turbo to manifold,exhaust bolts.

Thanks for any info you may have about them.

Cheers

Shaun.

That sort of money or less, will get you a very nice forged rebuild on your existing unit - they are apparently ok, but I would be concerned with aftersales service. At least if you get a turbo technics hybrid - you won't need to take it back to China if it plays up. There are at least 4 trustworthy turbo builders in the uk, turbo technics, Owen developements, turbo rebuild ltd and aet - I've had units from them all and they were all really good.

Cheers guys. Yes they did use to be partners in Kinugawa then separated and formed Mamba apparently due to arguments over quality .

Going to look into Garret turbos i think they are a bit more expensive around 700 for the celica gt4. I wont something reliable over cost.

Mine is stock engine well mainly stock so would suite it fine. These turbos come with 3 different size springs for the actuator and also a ball bearing kit to fit if wonted which is much better than the  floating bearings. As Paul said the billet wheel spools quicker but no noticeable performance just a bit quicker on the power.

arguments over quality, I would run a mile from them. I nearly bought one before getting mine rebuilt, the tcb unit was dung too.

CR Turbos done mine, full hybrid with every upgrade they had, its rated to 380 hp now and cost me 550£ to the door plus 20£ posting it there. If you ring them ask for Vince, he took the time and talked me through everything, I phoned a couple Paul mentioned but they didn't want to tell me what all options and procedures where, that put me off them :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.