Celica Club UK Messages

Website Downtime Notice

Click here for more information

Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Jev

Toyota 2000GT - only one on the road?

Question

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post but I was intrigued by this fabulous looking car...

7 answers to this question

It's a beauty isn't it.  Didn't James Bond drive an open top version in one of the films?  It has a touch of the E-types about it.

Yep they made a couple of convertibles for You Only Live Twice. I think most agree the standard coupe production car looked better lol.

Had this car on the toyota enthusiast club stand at the NEC classic car show last november , even sat in it and drove it whilst sorting the stand. The organisers have asked for it back this year for one of the entrances to the show , its coming back !!!!!

Edited by 1600GTCelica

58 minutes ago, bricktop said:

I thought the reason they made the convertible was basically because Sean Connery couldn't fit in it!

Lol yep.