Terraclean or Terrorclean?

sherington

Hi All,

My trusty 140 is on 191,000 miles now and hasn’t let me down once.

I’m going to service it pretty soon and I was thinking about having a Terraclean service done at the same time.

Has anyone here had it done & does it work/placebo effect?

I’ve seen mixed opinions about it on them internets.

A friend of mine has suggested that getting rid of ‘helpful’ gunk could be detrimental.

To be fair, most of the write ups I’ve read are for ‘western’ engines, particularly Vauxhall ones, which let’s face it, are truly rubbish (I’m a seasoned former Vauxhall owner).

Cheers,

Sher

Edited by sherington
Formatting

I have always been in the school of thought that its always possible to dislodge something that has been minding its own business and it could create another issue.Especially in engines that have been running happily for 10+ years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recall Ed China using it on one of the cars on Wheeler Dealers. Certainly, the before and after figures on his exhaust gas analyser showed a marked improvement immediately after he done it, but what does that mean? There are certainly some products on the market that are used  a day or two before an MoT to pep up an old engine/catalyst to get a pass. Quite how those work, I'm not sure. As for Terraclean, I'll give that a pass. 

there is a place near me that does it.  I watched it once when I was in the next industrial unit.  The absolute sheer brutality of it puts me off.  HUGE amounts of white smoke, I heard misfires, chunks coming out the exhaust, fast idling for long periods let alone the interference to the fuel lines and connectors - ill pass

• 2 weeks later...

I went with brother to get this done on his 530D. Seemed quite a well thought out process only made better buy a great explanation by the mechanic. We definitely saw an increase in MPG but that could be because it was high mileage diesel. Not sure I'd get it done to my Celica.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.