Nothing but trouble

mort

On 11/20/2016 at 19:26, mort said:

Long list mate - compare to my old accord - Honda accords are ugly and boring

1. Noisy inside - With a loud exhaust maybe or crap tyres with loud noise rating?  Nothing is as loud or embarrassing as a Honda engine on over-run.

2. Not as comfy - It's a sports car not a limousine 

3. Build quality - materials crap - It's a sports car not a limousine

4. Engine  - Vtec rules - no issues at all

5.Lots issues 

a] not working passenger window switch - Not Toyota's fault

b]  tailgate struts - Not even a fault

c] alternator belt - You bought the car, didn't you test drive it?

d] Clutch - lots issues !!! - You bought the car, didn't you test drive it?

e] Poor driver position - can't find comfy - You bought the car, didn't you test drive it?

f] Heating on driver side not working properly - Physically impossible unless it's blocked altogether

g] cd changer location in boot - No it isn't

h] can't be ask to list it all - means many more - You bought the car, didn't you test drive it?

Figured i'd give you my version of AMS' breakdown :dance: 

You bought the car, didn't you test drive it?

I bought a shed of a Celica GT and I turned it into something great, if you saw the car and drove it before buying it how can you possibly complain about the build quality inside, the noise or anything else?

It sounds like you'd rather buy an Audi A5 off of the Internet with 0 miles done and just drive it A to B everyday.

Edited by Storm
  • Like 1

On 20/11/2016 at 18:59, mort said:

I wish I’d never bought this  car - nothing but trouble - compare to my old  honda accord  is crap in every department -  apart is a bit quicker when that shit uplift working. Really disappointed - that car reliability index must be fake paid by biggest car makers - toyota never again !!! back to honda as soon a possible.

Remind me to never bring you along when going to see a new car then!  Sounds like you managed to buy a proper dud. 

• Like 3

Buying a used car is a gamble, you win some and you loose some. 

Ive driven my celica 110k plus 60 before I had it. I've replaced the clutch, they wear? And a brake calliper, again I've just rebuilt 2 on a mates DC2. 

If you expected a old car not to have issues it isn't going to happen. 

• Like 1

this is a strange one,buy a car you dont like ??? is there anything you like about it,surely you must have like something about it,as far as i can see its a lot of trivial issues which could be easily sorted (every car blows fuses etc at some point)

now you have this car you dont like so eh join a celica club not for advice but just to moan about it,

one last thing why oh why did you sell your beloved honda if it was so good,???

celicas are rare and tempermental but in a class of their own (by far better build quality than most jap cars out there)

i have a gen 7 t sport interior in my gen 6 and like them,

anyway HAPPY motoring:)

I've been driving Toyota's since 1981, in that time apart from brakes, tyres, exhaust and the odd battery, I've replaced the odd bulb,one clutch, two radiators, one thermostat, one water pump, one cv joint and an advance/retard mechanism, I've only broken down once due to faulty contact breaker points (the dealer didn't replace them at a service and he paid dearly for that) that's not bad in 35 years and too many miles to even think about, my current car is a GT86 and so far that's been reliable as well.

oh, and none of them failed an MOT during my ownership.

Edited by chelseablue
Input more info
  • Like 2

On 11/25/2016 at 22:01, chelseablue said:

I've been driving Toyota's since 1981, in that time apart from brakes, tyres, exhaust and the odd battery, I've replaced the odd bulb,one clutch, two radiators, one thermostat, one water pump, one cv joint and an advance/retard mechanism, I've only broken down once due to faulty contact breaker points (the dealer didn't replace them at a service and he paid dearly for that) that's not bad in 35 years and too many miles to even think about, my current car is a GT86 and so far that's been reliable as well.

oh, and none of them failed an MOT during my ownership.

Oh man what a wizard and inspiration, dream chaser.

GeeTee EightySix :dance:

Are you satisfied with that power?  Have you had your ass handed to you by a stock T sport yet? It does happen, I did it :D 

Well bounding onto a dedicated car marque site and slagging the marque off is not behaviour conducive to a high cuddle factor indeed Entente not very Accordiale.

I also understand from the moderators he has been going round the site squeezing everything to make a noise Accordionly he has been banned although I suspect he would say that he left of his own Accord.

Any way enough of that Jazz I’m off to do my Civic duty and have a Friday beer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daytona said:

I have finished my working week in central Birmingham and the German Christmas Market is in full swing so a litre of Lowenbrau and a frankfurter and saukraut roll please for me.

if there was a Japanese Christmas Market I would of course be loyal to it, but there are some things (other than cars) which the Germans do better.

2 hours ago, daytona said:

Well bounding onto a dedicated car marque site and slagging the marque off is not behaviour conducive to a high cuddle factor indeed Entente not very Accordiale.

I also understand from the moderators he has been going round the site squeezing everything to make a noise Accordionly he has been banned although I suspect he would say that he left of his own Accord.

Very clever Daytona - SKINY would be proud of the numerous allusions to Honda :D

• Like 1

I once bought a car without a road test from a trader I had known for years, insurance was ridiculous, it was slow and tedious to drive and put me off the manufacture for life!

The car was a VW Golf Gti Mk2 8valve.

Now that was a bland car:P

My Gen7;

had it over 12 years and absolutely love it; never had significant problems

My Rover 600 (an Accord with a Rover badge on it)

had it over 12 years and absolutely love it; never had significant problems.

And I could say the same about the Mazda 323 and the Honda Accord I owned before them.

That's because I don't buy pups like you do!

B

Edited by bazz54
typo
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.