Gen 6 number plate surround removal

DTL

Hi 

Iv got a nice import shaped number plate surround on the way. Looking at it it seems as though you need to remove the rear lights to swap it over. 

Anyone had one out? is it nice and simple? 

Thanks DTL

Lights out reduce risk of damaging them,  then your looking at screws/nut on inside of boot. there are only a couple IIRC. the number plate surround is actually held with about 6 Plastic Poppers.  When your sure all nuts etc are removed, you give it a good tug at one side to popthe first few poppers.

And ohh, if previous owner was same as my car previous owner, he may have screwed the number plate clean through the number plate, the surround and into the metal chassis of the car. good luck with that.

ha ha mines got plastic screws in the back so they should be fine. however he (who ever the previous was) did just self tap screw straight into the front bumper. Great! 

Thanks for the info mate 

It's always suprising how much some people can screw up simple things like attaching number plates. Lol. My previous glued in the plastic screws so i had to remove the surround to get them out when the heads screwed off trying to undo them. I stuck the new rear plate on, looks loads neater 

• 2 months later...

When I removed my number plate surround to gain access to the number plate lights (the screws for the lights were rusted up) it was remove rear lights, this gains access to two screws at the lower corners of the N/plate surround, Remove these then gently pull the surround away from the body, The surround is only held in place by some plastic press studs which sit in rubber grommits. On the Wifes ST, I had to remove the number plate as well as she screws went through the surround and into the back plate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.