Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Fuppylodders

Scrapping car parts?

Question

I don't have time to sell them, nor probably give them away...
I need to get rid of (Gen 6) a front bumper, boot lid, and bonnet. Where am I supposed to get rid of these? Would my local waste recycling centre take them? Or a breakers? Or...?
Any google searches only comes up with how to get rid of an entire car. Can't find  anything about car parts...

7 answers to this question

Around me I just leave stuff out the front of my house and they always disappear.  Do you get any rag and bone trucks drive around you? 

Otherwise you can probably go to the tip?

Bumper cut it up into bits and into your wheel bin, metal take to your tip in two trips a week apart.  If you get any raised eyebrows, just say that you are clearing a lock-up you have rented.

Jon

the bonnet and tailgate - leave out side your driveway for a few days and see if the scrap man takes it

bumper just take as is to local tip - no need to chop it up

I left a dishwasher out and it was gone in 20 minutes, then put a cooker hob and someone else took that 15 minutes later

We get them round us too, dead handy sometimes! Garden is secure but if we have anything vaguely metal we leave it outside the gate and it's always gone in the morning ☺  

Edited by 99GT

We get a scrap guy driving around now and again,stick the metal bits out the front with FREE written on it and itll likely go.

Thanks guys. I live in a close, and the scrap guys don't often come round... Annoyingly, I did see one drive down only 2 days ago! But I don't know how often they come round.  

Went to the waste recycling place to get rid of some cardboard, asked what looked like the main guy there, if he would accept a car bonnet (scrap metal) and he said no...? But... It literally is just scrap metal... Think I'm going to phone them up tomorrow and question it, because otherwise I'll have to pay £5 per item for a breakers to accept them! And they'll probably only try sell them anyway!

Sign in to follow this