Window tint

matt1280

I'm going to tint the back quarter Windows on my gen7 myself, I'm thinking 35%. I want it to look oem so don't want it to dark, is 35% good for that or should I go 30% or 25%?

I have got 35% tint on mine, It's fine still very easy to see out of from inside using the rear view mirror, and gives the right effect from the outside. 

• Like 1

I've ordered 35%. I'll do the sides myself then get the rear windscreen done professionally further down the line

Good idea, had a go myself with the back window. Looks good from 10 feet away haha.

Got it done properly by a professional, looks much better than my sorry attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's the lightest tint you can get? I know it's measured in translucency as I had to consider that when buying the light gels I used in the dial kits, anything from 10 to 15% translucent was good for those, but want something far lighter for the windows. I also want to do the front side windows, which I know you're not supposed to, but meh. Lightest on sides then one shade darker on the rear screen.

I've factory tints on my A3 and never had an issue with that so should be okay. Here's a pic, albeit from a higher angle so you have the black interior behind the windows making them look darker...

a3_tints.jpg

7 hours ago, matt1280 said:

From seller I've bought from on eBay it's 50% mate

I reckon my Audi above is about that, you could get away with doing the front sides too I would imagine. Having looked into it a bit more I suspect one of the best films would be 3M Crystalline as they have a wide range of translucency and off heat protection aswell. They also do a 90% one which you can barely see but would reduce solar gain by a third, could almost get away with that on a front screen! I shall be looking into this...

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.