Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
matt1280

Window tint

Question

I'm going to tint the back quarter Windows on my gen7 myself, I'm thinking 35%. I want it to look oem so don't want it to dark, is 35% good for that or should I go 30% or 25%?

9 answers to this question

I'm going to tint the back quarter Windows on my gen7 myself, I'm thinking 35%. I want it to look oem so don't want it to dark, is 35% good for that or should I go 30% or 25%?

I have got 35% tint on mine, It's fine still very easy to see out of from inside using the rear view mirror, and gives the right effect from the outside. 

• Like 1

I've ordered 35%. I'll do the sides myself then get the rear windscreen done professionally further down the line

I've ordered 35%. I'll do the sides myself then get the rear windscreen done professionally further down the line

Good idea, had a go myself with the back window. Looks good from 10 feet away haha.

Got it done properly by a professional, looks much better than my sorry attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good to have a go mate, I did my old Corolla and that looked crap so then tried again with my gen 6 and that was pretty good so hopefully I won't mess it up

• Like 1

a610b059bd57a5c033ab6ee56517614a.jpg

That's the 35% on my rear 3 windows, to give an idea what it would look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So what's the lightest tint you can get? I know it's measured in translucency as I had to consider that when buying the light gels I used in the dial kits, anything from 10 to 15% translucent was good for those, but want something far lighter for the windows. I also want to do the front side windows, which I know you're not supposed to, but meh. Lightest on sides then one shade darker on the rear screen.

I've factory tints on my A3 and never had an issue with that so should be okay. Here's a pic, albeit from a higher angle so you have the black interior behind the windows making them look darker...

a3_tints.jpg

7 hours ago, matt1280 said:

From seller I've bought from on eBay it's 50% mate

I reckon my Audi above is about that, you could get away with doing the front sides too I would imagine. Having looked into it a bit more I suspect one of the best films would be 3M Crystalline as they have a wide range of translucency and off heat protection aswell. They also do a 90% one which you can barely see but would reduce solar gain by a third, could almost get away with that on a front screen! I shall be looking into this...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this