guys need some quick advice on torque measurements of aftermarket wheel nuts

ok guys im having the new wheels fitted tomorrow and i just wanted to make sure what torque the following steel bolts should be nipped upto :

gallery_38304_1706_89627.jpg

i did speak to Rich_P and he said the standard values should be good but not sure on what the values should be ?

I always did 112 on the GT4, I think that was what the workshop manual stated.

There should be something online for the gen7 too

I always do the wheel nuts upto this torque and then check them after 30 miles or so

• Like 1

I always did 112 on the GT4, I think that was what the workshop manual stated.

There should be something online for the gen7 too

I always do the wheel nuts upto this torque and then check them after 30 miles or so

the problem is these are the spline locking type , i mean they are still steel either way :)

Someone advised me 70nm when using spacers, should I go tighter? They have been fine for over a year mind...

Freakyparts bolt on spacers state no more than 70lb/ft which is equal to 95Nm. Wouldn't want to overtighten them being alu.

Guest Ambermile

Use an extendable wheel wrench, and you can tell when the nuts are tight enough. Absolutely no need to measure Nm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extendable-Wheel-Brace-Wrench-Telescopic-Car-Van-Socket-Tyre-Nut-17-19-21-23mm-/141766936365?hash=item2101f7c72d:g:r60AAOSwHnFV69eM

Yup - I use one of these. Extended to undo, closed up to tighten, and tighten as much as I can :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.