Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Akuma77

guys need some quick advice on torque measurements of aftermarket wheel nuts

Question

ok guys im having the new wheels fitted tomorrow and i just wanted to make sure what torque the following steel bolts should be nipped upto :

gallery_38304_1706_89627.jpg

i did speak to Rich_P and he said the standard values should be good but not sure on what the values should be ?

12 answers to this question

I always did 112 on the GT4, I think that was what the workshop manual stated.

There should be something online for the gen7 too

I always do the wheel nuts upto this torque and then check them after 30 miles or so

• Like 1

I always did 112 on the GT4, I think that was what the workshop manual stated.

There should be something online for the gen7 too

I always do the wheel nuts upto this torque and then check them after 30 miles or so

the problem is these are the spline locking type , i mean they are still steel either way :)

103 Nm is correct for gen 7 :)

so that should be the correct measurement for the above wheel nuts too then :)

Someone advised me 70nm when using spacers, should I go tighter? They have been fine for over a year mind...

Someone advised me 70nm when using spacers, should I go tighter? They have been fine for over a year mind...

Freakyparts bolt on spacers state no more than 70lb/ft which is equal to 95Nm. Wouldn't want to overtighten them being alu.

Use an extendable wheel wrench, and you can tell when the nuts are tight enough. Absolutely no need to measure Nm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extendable-Wheel-Brace-Wrench-Telescopic-Car-Van-Socket-Tyre-Nut-17-19-21-23mm-/141766936365?hash=item2101f7c72d:g:r60AAOSwHnFV69eM

Yup - I use one of these. Extended to undo, closed up to tighten, and tighten as much as I can :D

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this