Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Freeman558

Anyone looking for a Sports M

Question

18 answers to this question

That's a bloody good price. 84k km = 52k miles, you see UK GT's try and be sold for that price!

Shame about the wheels though.

And the front bumper, I would have preferred the original pre face and lip tbh, also the mid fins are missing from the rear bumper :/ - also Silver is my least fave colour for cars generally.

It is nice and has good mileage but not at that price

Shame it's back bumper and wings have been butchered. I see it has the JDM TV/SAT Nav built in like mine did. The Sports-M haters will be along in a minute saying it's only worth £2k.

Nice tho. :)

also the mid fins are missing from the rear bumper :/ -

The fins are not OEM they are borrowed from the molly spats but don't come on Sports-Ms as standard

^^^^ I didnt even click on with the rear fogs :/ needs a smooth arse end :D

• Like 1

^^^^ I didnt even click on with the rear fogs :/ needs a smooth arse end :D

I didn't spot the front bumper first either

Edited by tabbaranx

Seems like a weird thing to do, strengthen the body and have a sun roof.

Doesnt seem to be in all that good condition to me. Fair few dents in the doors and missing a few of the TRD goodies.

for that money id expect it to be very close to original - bits mentioned above - plus the cheapo wing and bumper indicators, as it is - reckon realistically worth less than half what they are asking - mileage doesnt look legit either - given that some of that should have been KM - not hating on the sports-m's - just know what they actually sell for rather than what people ask for.

The fins are not OEM they are borrowed from the molly spats but don't come on Sports-Ms as standard

Ahhhh i didnt know that, learn something new every day :)

I wish I was buying at the time luddy was selling his white one, I would have been in there like a whippet :lol: Malik made it look really tidy

• Like 1

Thats been for sale for ages! I think people just wont pay big money for them anymore, would rather buy a 190 for a grand and bulid it back up i think.

• Like 1

According to the master of all things 2zz, the Sports M and it's stiffer chassis/lighter weight is almost negligible which leaves only the super-strut suspension as an advantage over any other 2zz Celica and that can be surpassed very easily with the right coil-overs and such.

Unless you count the optional higher compression ratio etc, which is only relevant for NASP users :dance:

7k gets you an immaculate ST205 or ST185 CS, with change to spare. Or a 190 with loads spare to mod it to shit.

It can also get you a decent Evo or Scoob, so it's just silly money.

Edited by EasyRight89

Thats been for sale for ages! I think people just wont pay big money for them anymore, would rather buy a 190 for a grand and bulid it back up i think.

It sold last year for £8000, with 10,000 on it. It's up for sale again. To get a car to that standard would cost more than what it's up for. Shocks did it with his car and spent well over £20,000 and he did a lot of the work himself. Even the low mileage uk GTs are not as clean as that one. It's a very small market for it - but to the right buyer. - I can't even remember mine being that clean when I bought it at 20,000 miles and 4 years old. If I didn't have so many others and the silver one gave up Id go for it.

Have yet to see a standard sports m dyno more than a standard 190. Were the high compression pistons standard fit on trds? Or optional extra?

optional extra and no way of knowing unless you open it up.

It sold last year for £8000, with 10,000 on it. It's up for sale again. To get a car to that standard would cost more than what it's up for. Shocks did it with his car and spent well over £20,000 and he did a lot of the work himself. Even the low mileage uk GTs are not as clean as that one. It's a very small market for it - but to the right buyer. - I can't even remember mine being that clean when I bought it at 20,000 miles and 4 years old. If I didn't have so many others and the silver one gave up Id go for it.

Ahh i see, i do remember it being up for sale didnt realise it was a re-sale, look like the same pics to me :shrug:

I see what you are saying fella, it makes sense but I think unless you are making it a show queen then it probably wont be that much different to drive than a mid range (50-70k mileage) Celi on a day to day basis

It's round the corner from me in Bradford if anyone is seriously interested I could go view it

Sign in to follow this