Where to get a new number plate

Y393

I bought rear number plates in the past from Halfords but found after some time the clear plastic layer starts lifting off after water gets underneath it, probably from the holes I have drilled to fit it. Am I fitting it wrong or are there better places to buy number plates.

I bought rear number plates in the past from Halfords but found after some time the clear plastic layer starts lifting off after water gets underneath it, probably from the holes I have drilled to fit it. Am I fitting it wrong or are there better places to buy number plates.

Use silicone to deal around the holes.

I got mine at JapFest in 2014 from a little booth. They are pressed metal plates but fully road legal etc and came with some nice sticky strips.

Haven't budged in 2 years and still look fresh.

I had always assumed that the plastic is just a film cover to prevent the plates from getting scratched when drilling holes and prior to people putting them on cars! Surely you should just peel back the film and wash your lovely plate until it is clean and shiny? Every car I come up behind that has those horrible little runs of dirt running down inside, I tell myself they have no idea about peeling the thing off.

Every piece of plastic or perspex item I have bought for shop fitting purposes always has a clear plastic protective film on - just needs peeling off! Isn't it the same for plates? Or is this just a woman's logic :D

I got some off eBay for a fiver, full length and width pads and they're brilliant. I posted the link before I think, see if you can find it, I'm on mobile at moment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.