GEN 7 CENTRE CONSOLE DIGITAL CLOCK COLOUR CHANGE

brig

Hi can any one tell me how I go about changing the colour in the digital clock from green to blue in a gen 7 I recently got a digital clock with the blue mod already done to it but it must of come out of a pre facelift as it will not fit my facelift gen 7

post-44824-0-09804600-1464109705_thumb.jpg

post-44824-0-91975800-1464109731_thumb.jpg

The facelift clocks are harder to do, red being the only colour that easy to achieve. I thought pre face lift clocks go into face lifts though? I'm sure the general consensus is if you want a colour other than red buy a preface lift clock and put in your FL? Check out the American Celica forums, they have a great thread on it

PS. Found the link

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=275259&highlight=clock#/forumsite/20888/topics/275259?page=1

Edited by LucyLou

Glad you said that Cravo, I did doubt myself as I posted but I was sure they did ;) I must admit when I did mine I have Sheps old preface console and my face lift so I tend to swap them around when I fancy a change so never actually put the face list clock in the pre and vice versa

Edited by LucyLou

HI lads and Louise its the plugs on the back of the clocks there different see pics the top one is the pre facelift clock

post-44824-0-04872800-1464111231_thumb.jpg

Edited by brig

The plug still does go in there though, like I mention I'm always putting a preface clock/console on my facelift when I fancy a change :) I thought you meant the mounting itself was different

I've just checked and my pre face lift console in the shed is def the same connector as your bottom pic and my facelift loom plugs into that?

Edited by LucyLou

Yep should plug straight in. Preface is the easier of the two to change to blue as its green and facelift is easiest to change to red cos it's orange I've had both in face lifts and going the other way into preface. They have always been exactly the same. Maybe it goes in upside down tho I can't remember.

Plug is different an will not fit.

One clock is from a car with manual air con and the other is from a car with climate control.

The manual air con has the outside temp on the clock, and climate control cars have outside temp on the heater control.

The give away is on the left hand side of the clock, either mode or 00.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.