Prices - for a standard Gen 6

Had a call from an old school friend of mine the other day. His father had recently passed away so he & his brother were tasked in sorting out his late fathers estate.

Anyway, My friends late father had 3 cars, A 2005 Rav4 and two Gen6 Celicas, A 1996 UK spec GT and a 1997 ST. Both the Celicas ate totally standard, In fact I don't think I have ever seen a 100% standard Gen 6 before.

Considering that he only lived about 3 miles from me, I had never seen these Celicas in the area

Both have full Toyota service history, The ST has 95K on the clock and the GT has 115K, there is no rot on either car that I could see, apart from the tail pipe on the ST.

Both cars have the usual electric aerial issue of not either fully retracting or fully extending and both could do with new batteries as they needed to be jump started.

Anyway, the reason for my friends call is to find out what they are worth. and to see them go to a good home.

So, What is the going rate for a 1996 Standard GT with 115K? and the same for an ST with 95K on the clock ?

I have had a look on Autotrader but there are some very optimistic prices on there.

Any help much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmm

I wrote off my blue gen 6 which I had for 14 years. Insurance assessor valued it at £2200

And I paid £1200 for the SS-III which I am still running having tarted it up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.