hmm wheel dilemma .....

Akuma77

ok guys just been having a look around , were these similar to the ones you were talking about daryl:

https://www.carnoisseur.com/alloy-wheels/details/wolfrace-jdm-gunmetal

but i dont think im going to be able to go for the bronze as first wanted as they are much more expensive , does gunmetal go with storm blue ?

bit of topic, i havnt heard of carnoisseur in years. there was one here years back, early 90s to be precise B) spent a shedload in there when i was young :lol: good to see they are still going

• Like 1

OK kev so when you order a set of wheels I need to ask for 7.5 35 offset but say if you we're ordering online how would you know they were 35 ..because Cal670 bought his on 45 et I wouldn't want to get wrong ones

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't order on-line. When I bought the Fox rims from Rimstyle, I asked for a discount, and they couldn't reduce the rims, but included delivery F.O.C.

By ringing the supplier you can ask the stock situation, as well specifying ET35 :)

Edited by Kev 16v

Hmm so it would be better to find a localish place that I could talk to then..sorry bud I've never bought any alloys in my lifetime lol..would that be better for me?

bit of topic, i havnt heard of carnoisseur in years. there was one here years back, early 90s to be precise B) spent a shedload in there when i was young [emoji38]good to see they are still going

Yeah we always ordered smaller items when I had my Nova sr etc..

Hmm so it would be better to find a localish place that I could talk to then..sorry bud I've never bought any alloys in my lifetime lol..would that be better for me?

I don't see that it matters where the supplier is located, just shop on-line for the best price, and ring the one that has the rims you want at the cheapest price. Sometimes you will get a discount by offering to pay using a Debit Card, rather than the supplier incurring PayPal fees :)

I saved £10 on a C/H boiler part on eBay a few weeks ago, by ringing the seller direct rather than B.I.N.

• Like 1

I don't see that it matters where the supplier is located, just shop on-line for the best price, and ring the one that has the rims you want at the cheapest price. Sometimes you will get a discount by offering to pay using a Debit Card, rather than the supplier incurring PayPal fees :)

I saved £10 on a C/H boiler part on eBay a few weeks ago, by ringing the seller direct rather than B.I.N.

right i see i was just wanting to make sure that i get the right offset version wheel and if its the ET35 then i just say to them :

i would like a set of 4 x 7.0-7.5 17's to fit my tyres which are falken 215x45x17

i wouldnt want get some that one are the wrong offset etc ..cheers

FYI..if you were to fit 7.5 width rims with ET35, it would push your wheels outboard by just over 9mm. Handy to know if you were considering fitting spacers (not that I'm advocating spacers personally).

FYI..if you were to fit 7.5 width rims with ET35, it would push your wheels outboard by just over 9mm. Handy to know if you were considering fitting spacers (not that I'm advocating spacers personally).

yeah me too mate , so would i have to opt for the 7.0 option instead then ?

No, no..both Darryl and myself wouldn't have suggested the choice of 7J or 7.5J otherwise. Pushing the wheels outboard slightly is what many owners on here do, as they do look a little "sunken" into the arches from the factory. I was merely pointing out that the wider of the two sizes, might save you some cash, IF you were thinking of buying some narrow spacers in the future.

No, no..both Darryl and myself wouldn't have suggested the choice of 7J or 7.5J otherwise. Pushing the wheels outboard slightly is what many owners on here do, as they do look a little "sunken" into the arches from the factory. I was merely pointing out that the wider of the two sizes, might save you some cash, IF you were thinking of buying some narrow spacers in the future.

oh right so 7.5 would be ok but the ET has to be 35 when i order ..sorry bud im i just wanted a nice new set of wheels without spacers :)

Your car, your cash, your call......... but bang for buck aerosol the existing ones first. ie have a practice on the spare. Then if you are not happy splash the cash. We drive daily and will mark them up on potholes and kerbs. Unless of course you can be flash like Kev and change them to match the colour of the pants you are wearing that day!

I got mine re-furbed because there were chunks out of the spokes and rims. I didn't actually like the colour they ended up so believe it or not this is as rattle canned by yours truly! Ye of little faith.

Unless it's a show car you don't see the insides so you will only need a couple of coats. Also if you do them yourself and keep some paint back, you cry a lot less when you do kerb them.

post-40822-0-18836800-1457945979_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Your car, your cash, your call......... but bang for buck aerosol the existing ones first. ie have a practice on the spare. Then if you are not happy splash the cash. We drive daily and will mark them up on potholes and kerbs. Unless of course you can be flash like Kev and change them to match the colour of the pants you are wearing that day!

I got mine re-furbed because there were chunks out of the spokes and rims. I didn't actually like the colour they ended up so believe it or not this is as rattle canned by yours truly! Ye of little faith.

Unless it's a show car you don't see the insides so you will only need a couple of coats. Also if you do them yourself and keep some paint back, you cry a lot less when you do kerb them.

i just wanted a nice new set of wheels :)

Now let me think..what colour today?.. :think: ..right..black it is :P

that was my first plan but when i see that a majority of guys on here said the tsport fondmetals were not worth spending £250 on full sprayjob and my sprayer mate said I would be surprised with how much the cost would be especially as most cans are £10 each per can and i would need a lot for the bronze colour change if i did it myself , so then it got me thinking and for a bit more some new alloys wouldnt work out too bad with my existing tyres saving the cost but im not worried about whether they are flush or not , its not a show car so that doesnt bother me , maybe if i got skirts, spats etc then maybe . :)

ive still got a few mths to sort out as this month i need to ut up a newer shed in back garden , thas my first step :)

Edited by celica1977

Gunmetal goes lovely with storm blue. Look at Daytonas his are anthracite which is quite similar.

Little cheaper here :)

http://www.alloywheelworld.co.uk/wolfrace-asia-tec-jdm-17-x-7-5-alloy-wheels-finished-in-gunmetal.html#.VuSEo4rfWJI

well daryl i think you solved my wheels dilemma , i got gimba to rustle up a quick photoshop as i couldnt find any dark gen 7 celicas with these wheels and i think you made a great choice for me :

12325950_10209104143900682_33314803_o.jp

they dont look far off of tabbas wheels :)

Edited by celica1977

Haha thanks. Wish I'd known about the deeper offset ones when I ordered mine, but spacers have taken care of it :) Really looking forward to seeing them on yours if you go for them. :)

yep just gotta wait for a cheque through the post soon :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.