(pics) Exhaust help

Gimba

So for about a week or so my car sounded "meaner", not by alot but we all know what our cars sound like so when it's slightly different you notice, i decided to clean the car today, washed the back and see something wasn't quite normal

2016-03-06%2011.21.40.jpg

2016-03-06%2011.21.52.jpg

can safely say, i wasn't expecting that, god knows where that is

So what do I need to fix this. i know nothing about exhaust, i wouldn't wanna replace the whole exhaust system, just the minimum needed but i dunno what i'm looking for, any help would be great

• Like 1

Would you know what it is that needs replacing?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-celica-exhaust-190-/111925737994?hash=item1a0f4b3a0a:g:2HsAAOSwr7ZW2Ycp

Would it be this sort of thing?

Ive always wanted a custom exhaust, but again i know nothing about exhausts, so i woudn't know where to even begin, guess id rather go already made to fit kinda route

Edited by Gimba

I had a similar issue a few years back in my old Rover 800, it was caused by reversing onto the drive at a funny angle and clipping the tale pipe on the kerb. All you should need is a new back box.

post-49420-0-60345400-1457283222_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheVDM

If you always wanted a custom exhaust, probably best to put your money towards that. Back box is only held on with two spring bolts, so no welding involved. Sure a local garage might do a little cash in hand to fit it. Only cost me £30 to get mine put on. :)

Can someone explain the exhausts parts, what is it I need to replace?
Can I replace just the exhaust tip, or the parts just before the tip with the box, or would I need the entire part below replaced?

post-34391-0-55866300-1457529923_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Gimba

Can someone explain the exhausts parts, what is it I need to replace?

Can I replace just the exhaust tip, or the parts just before the tip with the box, or would I need the entire part below replaced?

attachicon.gif$_57.JPG

Cheers

if i was you mate id go for the whole exhaust especially as its pretty cheap as it stands ..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.