I've been beaten by the back box

Hi all, what's the best advice anybody can offer for undoing the bolts that hold the back box on? I've soaked it in a lifetime supply of WD-40, I've knocked it about a bit to release any loose dirt/rust and I cannot for the life of me undo those bloomin' bolts.

Should I just get the angle grinder out or is there a secret to undoing the bolts?

either heat them up, or if not get some proper penetrating oil like plus gas and spray it on a few hours before

Thank you ams, I didn't think of getting the blow torch out.

I've just picked my daughter up from nursery so probably won't get a chance now until Sunday. I'll give lots of heat a go and try and break the seal on the nuts. If not I might try drilling them out as I've got a fresh set of nuts ready and waiting.

plusgas is like magic - really worth buying a can

Would your recommend the aerosol or the bottle? It would probably be worth investing in some anyway as I have a gearbox to remove next month :angry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.