steering wheel horn wire repair HELP!

Hi

I have a broken horn wire on a steering wheel.

I have crimped it in the past, but it slowly breaks just after the end of the crimp due to the steering wheel obviously turning constantly.

Now i know how to solder wires, BUT, as this wire is coming from the back metal plate of the actual airbag, is it safe to solder it together again? as i dont want the heat from the soldering to set off the airbag!

Are there anymore options?

Here is the picture of how the steering wheel was when i originally had it.

Its the single yellow wire on the top left corner of the airbag with a white plug that fits into the spinal yellow/black thingy that sits infront of the steering wheel lol.

cheers

2ez46le.jpg

the double wired plug is the trigger/fire wire for the bag. Other types I've seen have a mechanical trigger bit like a gun . Long as the battery is disconnect it will be ok to work on the horn wire :)

funny in doing this myself on the Glanzlet over the weekend as its horn switch is not working, will be fitting my TRD wheel,airbags are a curse I think!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.