Someone is having a bad day.......

Dave_t

Christ id say thats an Insurance write off.....must have major subframe distortion after having a transit parked on its boot!!! :o:(

Hope the owner can get some sort of compensation out of the van driver/company!!!

Edited by Black Knight

So what do we have to do to keep our precious cars safe?

Park at the top of the hill not the bottom, park away from other parked cars, park away from passing traffic / schools / building sites and/or road works, drive like a wuss, watch out for pot holes etc.

Does become quite tempting to buy a banger for a daily driver.

• Like 1

Bit excessive - accidents happen lol. It's horrible and I feel for the driver, but I'd still rather be driving my Celica and risk it being damaged than be driving an old banger. Trust me, I had an old banger for 5 years and although it was nice not to worry about it, it was depressing as hell to drive it!

If my Celica got written off tomorrow, at least I'd still have had some pleasure out of it and I could claim on my insurance and buy another one :laugh2:

If my Celica got written off tomorrow, at least I'd still have had some pleasure out of it and I could claim on my insurance and buy another one :laugh2:

Quite right. Whilst I do adore my old Betty it's a car for heavens sake. The engine is specifically designed to be spanked. I am happy to oblige. :lol:

So what do we have to do to keep our precious cars safe?

Park at the top of the hill not the bottom, park away from other parked cars, park away from passing traffic / schools / building sites and/or road works, drive like a wuss, watch out for pot holes etc.

Does become quite tempting to buy a banger for a daily driver.

Just picking up the "Park at the Top of a Hill" bit . . . . . . . i'm on the narrow main road,lots of parked cars on both sides of the road,Thursday night around 10:15, in a quiet north Derbyshire village, this lunatic in a box van came flying down the street on my left,didn't stop at the junction, no lights, no indicators, sweet FA, straight across the road in front of me . . . . . . antilocks juddering like mad but no collision.

Was about to launch into this a******e big time however the "box van" was one of these . . . . . . .

BLV1474.JPG

pointy end first as well . . . .

had a good look around but there was no one running after it (or away from it from that matter). After a few minutes a bloke on the main road opens his front door and says "is it yours?" :doh: . . . . I mean Celica/Huuuuge trailer/Celica . . be serious.

I was so tempted to say "NO IT ISN'T, BUT THIS LITTLE PILE OF BROWN STUFF ON THE FRONT SEAT IS, AND IT'S YOURS IF YOU WANT IT"

I didn't say it, just asked if he would call the cops instead.

Stay away from affluent little villages in Derbyshire, the locals throw trailers at you

• Like 1

Just picking up the "Park at the Top of a Hill" bit . . . . . . . i'm on the narrow main road,lots of parked cars on both sides of the road,Thursday night around 10:15, in a quiet north Derbyshire village, this lunatic in a box van came flying down the street on my left,didn't stop at the junction, no lights, no indicators, sweet FA, straight across the road in front of me . . . . . . antilocks juddering like mad but no collision.

Was about to launch into this a******e big time however the "box van" was one of these . . . . . . .

BLV1474.JPG

pointy end first as well . . . .

had a good look around but there was no one running after it (or away from it from that matter). After a few minutes a bloke on the main road opens his front door and says "is it yours?" :doh: . . . . I mean Celica/Huuuuge trailer/Celica . . be serious.

I was so tempted to say "NO IT ISN'T, BUT THIS LITTLE PILE OF BROWN STUFF ON THE FRONT SEAT IS, AND IT'S YOURS IF YOU WANT IT"

I didn't say it, just asked if he would call the cops instead.

Stay away from affluent little villages in Derbyshire, the locals throw trailers at you

Where was Bill...............?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.