Celica ST165, what's it worth?

Ferdy

Thinking about selling my ST165, I just don't think that I'm going to get to use it that much.

Only done about 500 miles in the last 2 years and my ST205 has only done 2500 in the last year.

Repainted White last year.

The ST165 needs some work at the moment

Brake Caliper sticking due to lack of use

small leak from one of the PAS pipes

Starter motor stuck and will not engage.

Currently SORN and will need an MOT

other than that its fine.

Car was totally stripped to a bare shell, all rust cut out and replaced.

Engine rebuilt, Brand new Coilovers, ST185 brakes etc etc.

Some photos

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

ST165%252540%252520Santa%252520pod.jpg

link to the rebuild photo album showing the strip down to the last nut and bolt and the rebuild. Over 500 photos

https://picasaweb.google.com/113490676571630920474/1Project165?authuser=0&feat=directlink

So what do you think its worth?

Could be open to serious offers but please do check out the over 500 photos to appreciate how much work has gone into the car

Sorry to hear she has to go mate but if its not getting any use... :( I'll assume you have a ballpark figure in your mind of what the minimum is you need to have for the car after all the work that was done.The main issue is it not being MOT'd which to someone who doesnt know you will be a large bargaining point because they are taking on the 'risk' of anything cropping up.I know you're good on your word but they dont.If it was mine and it had a years MOT id be looking at advertising for say around 4 grand and see how you go from there?IShould be worth more for what it is but got to be realistic in the market.It is a genuinely rust free car and there aint many like that when it comes to 165's,and you do have a full portfolio of the work done which is great.I dont have the money spare but for what its worth,if I did id be having a serious chat with you about having it myself.Dammit.Would you take instalments :console:

I took the ST165 to 3 events last year, Rally Day at Castle Combe, Rockingham with the OC and Santa Pod for Japshow Finale. Other than that I did not really use her, she is sitting on the drive covered up and has been (other that taking the cover off and giving her a wax) since Jap Show Finale

I know what you mean about the little issues and that it would be worth more with a MOT and the Starter Motor sorted but I'm at the point where really I think I just want to sell it to someone who will care for her.

She has had loads of time, effort and money spent on her, I need to spend some money on the 205 again to keep that in tip top condition and just cannot justify running both Four's, especially when I don't really get the use out of them.

If someone makes me a sensible offer and promises to look after her I will let her go to a new home.

If you dont get any joy here through an ad,(you will need to nail a price though mate) then you're gong to be looking at selling through OC or carandclassics site which is good.Then the dreaded eBay :(.Havent spoken to Brendan for a while...he was always a bit of a 165 fan.Worth a call?

That's a lovely looking car. I know it's a pain in the arse but I really think it's worth getting that starter replaced or refurbished. Anyone wanting to buy a car like that is going to want to hear it run as I suspect spares are going to be trickier to find but then you could justify a higher price. I wouldn't bother doing anything with the other issues, leave that to the new owner.

That photographic resto documentation is pure gold for anyone looking at spending good money on a 165.Good for a potential owner, and to be frank gives the seller more justification to separate it from the other ones for sale( of which there are pretty much bugger all :lol:)

• Like 1

I decided to change to white because

I like white

The grey it was painted in was not the correct colour for a UK ST165

Did think about red, but not for very long....

Having spoken to one or two people it may not be the starter motor but a relay, but a new starter motor is only £87 and are still available.

Thanks for all your comments, I appriciate the feedback.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.