Celica navigation system

leezr160

What people's views on the std t/sport navigation system ? I have been experimenting with mine and it not up to today's quality but it's ok .

Can they be updated with a current cd and also to include postcode entering ? And would something like this be a plug and play option http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252208778507??

personal opinion.. unit looks quite ugly, I used to have this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-DVD-Player-Android-4-4-4-GPS-Screen-Mirroring-Toyota-Celica-Previa-Yaris-IQ-/281689866395?hash=item419606409b:g:-osAAOSwA4dWG1gn

I know its aftermarket etc but functionality and ease of use is spot on, has the hard keys etc so you don't have to fiddle around with the touch screen a lot.. sat nav is on point

Don't know anything about the system in the TSport but I've never thought much of Toyota's sat nav systems. The built in system in my Auris was very clunky. I was hoping the one in the Verso we brought recently would be better. But it isn't.

spent 140 on a nice tomtom. Not that impressed as it is a bitch to tether and told me I had reached ACE café before the Wembley gyratory when I was leading a convoy ffs!!!!!

My smartphone is more accurate but screen too small and can't

HEAR IT OVER THE BLOODY INVIDIA. PARDON?????

The Toyota satnavs I've had all work on the first four or five letters of the postcode, which is hardly precise. And they have been very clunky to programme by street address.

Not sure if you can enter the postcode in mine ?? Seems only city's and street names

personal opinion.. unit looks quite ugly, I used to have this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-DVD-Player-Android-4-4-4-GPS-Screen-Mirroring-Toyota-Celica-Previa-Yaris-IQ-/281689866395?hash=item419606409b:g:-osAAOSwA4dWG1gn

I know its aftermarket etc but functionality and ease of use is spot on, has the hard keys etc so you don't have to fiddle around with the touch screen a lot.. sat nav is on point

that one in your link seems decent, but doesn't state how much ram it has and if it has a sd card slot on it.

so you have pics of it fitted in your car?

what were boot up times like. will be a bit of a downer if I got a 5 min drive it it takes like 4 mins to boot up. lol

Re the OEM Sat Nav they can be updated to the TNS300 DVD with the Tmc option and the last CD availableis around 2011 as far as I've been able to find. Works fine enough for me and saves me piddling about with a touch screen while driving.

that one in your link seems decent, but doesn't state how much ram it has and if it has a sd card slot on it.

so you have pics of it fitted in your car?

what were boot up times like. will be a bit of a downer if I got a 5 min drive it it takes like 4 mins to boot up. lol

boot up times are spot on, GPS is very good, and ive never lost a connection, even when driving through country side roads etc

My T Sport came with the OEM Sat Nav and stereo system, worked fine but I never really played about with it. Took it out and installed an App Radio system and hooked to an android stick, basically gives the same as the android system in one of the above links - really good - but does annoy me songs don't play from when I turned it off.

Re the OEM Sat Nav they can be updated to the TNS300 DVD with the Tmc option and the last CD availableis around 2011 as far as I've been able to find. Works fine enough for me and saves me piddling about with a touch screen while driving.

Does the TNS dvd unit just plug in ? See there are a few on eBay, does it give you the facility to punch postcode in ?? And does it work with std nav head unit ?

My Prius' and Auris' sat nav systems weren't the best, but were a lot better than the vw and ken wood one in my other cars at the time. It depends on the user I think to what system is best for you. I had a really expensive one in my Celica when I bought the car but it was crap so got another for less than quarter of the price and this much better, more reliable and better for the way I use it. I think if you are an iPhone user you will prefer a different sat nav system to a blackberry user it the way we get used to accessing information on a daily basis effecting how we streamlining using nav systems, or you can set your toyota ones to voice activated sat nav as I always used when driving short distances, so much simpler, probably even better if you don't have an accent like me ;-)

Does the TNS dvd unit just plug in ? See there are a few on eBay, does it give you the facility to punch postcode in ?? And does it work with std nav head unit ?

The post codes are a nope, apparently whoever built the map software didn't pay for them which is a pain, and uskng the rotary knob for input is not particularly intuitive. That said the reason I went for it is OEM integration with the standard facelift head unit and so I never have to worry about attracting tea leafs. Definitely not as good as your phone but it does help. The TNS 300 is a straight swap, though you'll need an extra aerial if you want the TMC (ETA) tuner.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.