It's dead!

NC02

On my way to drop the celica off for its mot...and....The head gasket goes! 13 years old and 121k on the clock, it really isn't worth repairing. If anyone wants a donor car, let me know. I'm not breaking it as I don't have the time, the space or the right attitude to do so at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's been confirmed by 2 mechanics now. It does have the "curdled cheese" both on the oil filler cap and in the expansion tank.

It's not something I'd have the time to do myself and as mentioned in the thread above, £7-800 for a mechanic to do it. Quite handy for it to happen 2 weeks before christmas though [emoji6]

thats wild dear mate :xmas_ohmy: as said Bek will be far cheaper. i work on gen 5s and charge 250 for the head gasket, that includes the gasket. i was looking a g7 engine a while back and AMS was under 350£

£100 and a packet of jammy dodgers and I'll come and pick it up now :xmas_laugh:

Make it £200 and no jammy dodgers and it's yours! It's in the recovery position at the pub for the moment [emoji6]

thats wild dear mate :xmas_ohmy: as said Bek will be far cheaper. i work on gen 5s and charge 250 for the head gasket, that includes the gasket. i was looking a g7 engine a while back and AMS was under 350£

It's cheaper than I was quoted mate, just not prepared to throw any more money at it. Shame cause it's been a good, fun car

Make it £200 and no jammy dodgers and it's yours! It's in the recovery position at the pub for the moment [emoji6]

It's cheaper than I was quoted mate, just not prepared to throw any more money at it. Shame cause it's been a good, fun car

Bloody tempting

how did the gasket die, just like that driving down the road? or was there cooling issues prior to this?

Just like that! Had no previous issues with cooling whatsoever. Pulled over straight away, still turns over but haven't run it since

Just like that! Had no previous issues with cooling whatsoever. Pulled over straight away, still turns over but haven't run it since

same with my 182, had a good 70 mile drive the day before then it just went see-ya :( 29£ sorted it.

same with my 182, had a good 70 mile drive the day before then it just went see-ya :( 29£ sorted it.

I mat put it on ebay, see what happens, either that or take the wheels off and a few other bits to sell and scrap the rest.

at £200 I would take it. if you want to send me a message with some details about the car I can see what i can move around

given your location i would be getting bek to collect it

Once I get home from work this afternoon I'll message you.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.