Well I'm back in the Celica fold already.....bought this!

JonSam50

Thanks for all the well wishes peeps [emoji38] just sitting down and going through all the receipts and papers with it now LrEyKHn.png

I think something is not right with the site you used or the tests of previous owners weren't put on the system or something. I have not last years but year before's test which had 3 advisories and the owner I purchased off of was very sound and said the work was done which I can verify as iv been under it and seen the new brake lines, the Exhaust fix was crap. I don't have last years as he didn't know what he done with it, but iv already just put it through MOT and everything lines up so I'm happy :-) only recurring advisory being exhaust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The cs's are popping up everywhere, there was a grey one like mrs r's on a k plate in swindon with big wheels on ebay, for £2600 , was this the car that needed welding on ebay from perth and sold for 2k. said it needed welding and there was quite a bit of rust underneath and no mot , but outside looked really good.

No this wasn't the one in Perth, this wasn't up for long before I grabbed it. Went up last Tuesday I believe and I had it on Sunday

I'm glad it all stacks up, my initial thought was that it might hold some hidden nasties, hence why he only valued it at slightly more than his gti.

My previous comment was aimed at malcolms post about the grey swindon car - it made no sense, cause you beat me to the punch.

Glad everything ok , you might just want to check it for yourself as its the dvla site and shows all the mot history till 2007for every vehicle , and i checked it before you bought it and it was blank. you can check the current sorn mot staus again on the dvla site and it was sorned with no mot , if you have an old mot certificate you might want to query it as i have cars i have stored since 2008 and they show that mot but nothing else till i tested it this year , it applies to my gen 4 vert.

all for your own piece of mind as it looks nice and appears to have loads of history.

referring to the grey one in swindon previously perth , that disappeared pretty quickly off ebay, but don't know where it went..

Glad everything ok , you might just want to check it for yourself as its the dvla site and shows all the mot history till 2007for every vehicle , and i checked it before you bought it and it was blank. you can check the current sorn mot staus again on the dvla site and it was sorned with no mot , if you have an old mot certificate you might want to query it as i have cars i have stored since 2008 and they show that mot but nothing else till i tested it this year , it applies to my gen 4 vert.

all for your own piece of mind as it looks nice and appears to have loads of history.

referring to the grey one in swindon previously perth , that disappeared pretty quickly off ebay, but don't know where it went..

Yeah I get where you are coming from, if what iv seen on the car didn't match up with anything I'd be more dubious but everything is as expected so far :-) I have certificates for all but last year and services for every year. Interesting also as he gave me a print off of a check he had done too and that showed last years MOT expiry on it.

Paul go have a look in the gen 5 forum, a question yourself will most likely answer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.