Do st205 WRC's have a plaque to show its 1 of 2500?

JonSam50

Hi all, was looking at a gen 5 Carlos Sainz but they are hard to get without waiting. A nice st205 WRC has come up though and it's on my doorstep in car buying terms so i will be viewing it.

Apart from the exhaust manifold cover and all the other stuff I can't see on a viewing, is there a plaque or anything to prove the WRCness of the car? The exhaust manifold checks out and looked at a list of other mods that were done but none seem overly accessible just on a viewing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And what about sunroof's and WRC's? Is that common or uncommon?

There's no plaque on an ST205 WRC and no easy way to tell from the chassis number as far as I know.

There are WRC parts available to buy second hand from breakers which may have found their way onto none WRCs but I would think they are few and far between - WRCs don't really command a higher price than none, so I don't see the point.

I don't think there's too many WRCs fitted with sunroofs, I have one :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

The first thing id look for is the into lag canister as soon as you open the bonnet, also as Cravo said the spray bar behind the front bumper, these are things that could be fitted to a non WRC but unlikely anyone would go to the trouble.

Also worth mentioning that my WRC has a factory sunroof

Thanks guys! I looked mainly at the exhaust manifold and the cut outs were there and the different shape. On the intake manifold on the first and fourth the blanked water injection nubs were there.

I didn't buy it, was quite a tired car.

I read somewhere that the 2500 WRC cars where made in the first 5000 chassis numbers.

my 1994 is chassis 5017 and tbh i was most excited about the lack of ABS than anything else

if i was buying a GT4 as an investment to keep original it would be a WRC all day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.