Vinyl Wrap

pordy

I have noticed a small bit of lacquer peel on my roof and decided i will try and wrap it gloss black.

Has anyone done any vinyl wrapping. if so, was it difficult and where did you order the wrap from. i have been looking on ebay and there seems to be a lot of choices in just the material alone (i.e 3d, 3m, 4d) and just want to hear of peoples experience before i go a head and order some.

I have had a quick look on google (at work just now) for the hexis wrap and found this link http://www.hexis.co.uk/Hexis/Home.htmlwould this be the best place to get it?

Make sure you do a good job, my housemate wrapped his Audi roof which had lacquer peel and ended up lifting more lacquer and the wrap would not stock down properly :S

never thought of this as the peel is only about the size of a 5p coin, will ask a few places how much they would charge me to wrap a roof in case i do make things worse

i bought a sample of this stuff on ebay as i wanted to see how good it is , it was pretty good so ive decided i would wrap my sports M bonnet scoop with this stuff very soon.

also a mate of mine bough a roll of some grey carbon fibre as he wanted to use it on the rear of his tailgate on top of the bumper , i think it was £8 r the roll and so far so good he said its some good stuff but it is a thinner type .

gallery_38304_1706_18800.jpg

Edited by celica1977

I'd say 3M but you'd need to rub the whole roof down very well as any little blemish will show through, even more so with shiny black and as said above it may lift remaining laquer that is slightly loose and wont stick.

Personally i wouldnt after having a go at a bumper a year or so back which ended up getting sprayed anyway

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.