Opinions on a replacement

Jim881

Hi all,

Received a new ac condenser yesterday and found some of the fins damaged.

Spoke to the company I got it from and have said I can get a new one or they will give me some money back if I keep this.

What would you do?

IMG_20150908_181010.jpg

IMG_20150908_181018.jpg

Cheers Jim

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The fins bend so easy even with just picking it up with your hands. It's nothing to be worried about plus no one will see them. They are basically just sheets of metal that touch the pipes to increase the surface area for better heat transfer

Wasn't suggesting it wouldn't be ok...it would just irritate me that it wasn't precisely what I'd purchased.

I would certainly have fitted it IF I needed to do so straight away....but, otherwise, as a matter of principle, I would have rejected it.

That's just me.. :rolleyes:

Neil

Oh, i see it's now a set of straighteners is it? . . . . . . .very thoughtful . . but that's good :thumbs: 'cause i can keep it with the "hairdryer" for my G7 :lol:

• Like 1

Just don't forget to replenish A/C oil, in workshop manual should be a table what component need what amount.

Cheers mate. Getting the garage to sort it out as I do t have time.

how much did the rad cost?

About 45 quid delivered.

I decided to get a replacement as it didn't cost me anymore and was here the next day.

Car booked in for the 28th so just looking for some rad hoses now.

Cheers for everyone's comments

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.