omg! is this right?

Had a chance to catcth a chat with my eldest daughter today. When I'm not here they let themselves in and mess my stuff around and stock my fridge like im an invalid.

...anyway, a few days ago my eldest took my car down to the shops (about 3 miles) and put either 20 or 30 pound in the tank - she cant remember - so the figure I gave you is obviously not right, but not too far out me thinks...?!

I am interested now to see what my car can do to a tank because so far I am seriously impressed with every single thing about the old girl.

So, tonight I have topped her up again - brimful - and I will keep a record of the kind of driving I am doing and the length of my journeys etc and take a pic of the needle+milo when I am low on fuel (I took one already when I filled up and re-zeroed the Milo

Dash%20010_zpsyckkmv8i.jpg

Same pic without flash on...I'd like to brighten the display but everything I have seen advertised promises fairground type brightness but is all I want is something akin to the brightness it showed when the car came out.

Dash%20008_zpsbpzml0ta.jpg

Does anyone know what would normally be used by the blank that I have circled in this pic, its obviously an extra that I haven't got but might be something I may want in the future.

Dash%20012_zpshsnqncgc.jpg

Space for aircon optional extra

Thats what I'll do. My kids - and grandkids - used to talk about LEDs. But, theyve all settled down to what they drive off the forecourt these days. I dont for 1 minute want to be like them. But, if I buy the bulb that rectifies the fault on the left side of my speedo, the display will still look pretty dim - as does the whole dash display now.

I'd like it brighter, quite a bit brighter. But not sure I'd want to go the super bright LED route.

Need to read more and enlist the help of some celica-club users if I can...?

Edited by Markup

Couple of days later (100 miles ish), four 15 mile motorway journeys and about a dozen or so 2, 3 or 4 mile journeys up to and around about the village, through traffic, for coffee or shopping...

777%20011_zpsbt7l2jkw.jpg

Edited by Markup

After many trials in doing 500+ miles on a full tank

Here we go after 200(ish) miles. 4X15 motorway runs, 3 or 4 runs up to my local village and half an hour of my grandaughter feeling her feet around my bottom paddock (about 20 miles on dryish grass) - thats not the pre-cursor to an excuse because she was pleasingly gentle on the pedal.

888%20017_zpszbqnqsur.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hmm, not the result I was expecting, or hoping for...

I don't speed, I dont even drive hard and this is the mileage from a full tank. The fuel warning light came on about 3 miles ago

Celica%20Fuel_zpsovbpt3ii.jpg

Not too impressive at all is it? I'm not sure whether its because I enjoy driving the old thing as much as I do, or for some other reason, but it just doesnt feel thirsty to me on a day to day basis. But, theres the numbers. It took me a while to finish as I was away for a while.

While it is certainly possible to get somewhat decent MPG out of an ST205 you would never get above mid 20's on a long drive at most IMO (I managed it!), if you keep it at set speed and don't drive like an @%#%# but as others have said MPG and GT-Fours aren't really used in a sentence and if they are you shouldn't have one :lol:

And the buttons that are missing would be air con as yours doesn't have it looking at other buttons on console.

Hmm, not the result I was expecting, or hoping for...

I don't speed, I dont even drive hard and this is the mileage from a full tank. The fuel warning light came on about 3 miles ago

Celica%20Fuel_zpsovbpt3ii.jpg

Not too impressive at all is it? I'm not sure whether its because I enjoy driving the old thing as much as I do, or for some other reason, but it just doesnt feel thirsty to me on a day to day basis. But, theres the numbers. It took me a while to finish as I was away for a while.

So is that 381 to a tank full?

So is that 381 to a tank full?

Perhaps 400 miles(ish) maybe a little more. I topped up once I saw the light come on but I understand theres quite a few miles left once the light shows. I'm not sure if I may have done some kind of harm by letting the light stay on for 15 miles or so though because now it seems like my automatic choke is staying on. I am still running at around 1500 revs even after 30 or so miles of driving at all times of the day. I'm hoping I havent done her any harm...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.