Quality, toys & optional extras over the generations.

But then the standards in those days were a little different. Same thing with the Ford Puma mind, why the suspension is that high I'll never know.

I just don't get it. They make a 140bhp celica - fine, make it standard. But when they make a T-Sport, why on earth would they want it to look like Vin's original car? It's mental.

Even so, build quality and optional extras are just fantastic on the older generations. Then again I'm only now finding out what they had on the 7 in different countries. Painted headlight inserts, electric folding mirrors, aerial's built into the windows of the Sports M, sunlight sensors for auto-on headlights, etc. Quite interesting the more you go into it.

good thing about the gen7 celica is that they are so adaptive to change as In modding wise with all the kits or oem+1 stuff you could have 3 together an they can look so different but I Spose in a sense some would say that's a bad thing as they should have come as a certain way I just see it as a blank canvas an let imagination loose :)

^^^ above well said! There is a lot to be said for having a blank canvas if you want to make something that is individual to you. Judging by the variety of Gen 7s I have now seen in the flesh, that is certainly the case amongst members.

Of course, that option is not to everyone's taste, and some of us like original specs because that is what it is - original and classic.

i have near on most of the extras toyota done for the gen5 on mine now

wind deflectors

sun roof visor

rear boot visor

air purifier

clean box

arm rest draw

sls door cards

rear tweeters

electric lumber supported leather seats

fog lights with fog light switch on the indicator stalk (not fitted to uk 182)

The one thing I hate is that the spoiler is an optional extra. They look AWFUL without one. And I just saw a GT86 without a spoiler?! Hasn't Toyota learnt just to leave the damn things on?!

It's an age thing, gt. When you get older, you'll realise why they're called.."spoilers".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.