I'm an indecisive s*** car is sorted but I need a door.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh shi* I'd forgotten about this thread.

Right so update time.

Correct rear suspension fitted.

Rear engine mount replaced with new toyota part from tcb.

Just need to replace the engine oil with some good stuff but I've just put some molyslip 2001e in and it's the proper stuff from my mate rick who you know as crewchief.

Halo spark plugs also from rick.

Thints left to do are the oil plus gearbox oil for good stuff.

Source the heavy vibration noise from the front drivers side.

Oh and had the rear back plates fitted and it works evenly on both sides sides now on 4 clicks tight.

The cv may be on its way out but at the moment at any speed on any lock it's making no noise. Just the vibration under medium to hard load.

Got to say aswel I've had a read back thru this thread and I feel the celica love so thanx guys :))

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Someone take this car before I destroy it with my bare hands. The clicking from the engine is driving me mad. It needs the inner cv joints sorting, the drivers door edge is now bent in as I only went out to check the engine hadn't broke after I drove it home from work with my foot to the floor and ended up repeatedly slamming the drivers door off the wall then as I went past the wing mirror I punched it a couple of times and smashed the glass plus my hand.

I've really had enough now I can't give this car any more money I want £400 and it's gone.

Oh and the front engine mount I have needs replacing and the fucking water pump is leaking plus its leaking oil from the cam cover as there is oil on the spark plug nearest to the timing area.

Well that was smart, could have sold it for a little more before you did that.

Ask ams to give you a price on the whole car, stick it on gumtree and look for a new car - pointless trying to convince you to keep it as you sound like you've been through rubbish with it. If you've managed to deliberately damage the car then I'd consider you mad for keeping it.

Get rid - good luck with the search.

Unfortunately when my temper goes and I smash my ex pride and joy then I know it's time to move on and get something that doesn't sap my account.

The mirror glass can be changed as I have spares and I guess I can repair the door to look not as bad but it won't be an effort to keep it

I spent the whole night pondering what to do...purely for the fact it will do my head in seeing it every day I'm guna swap the glass out and try and repair the door but she still has to go. I know I seemed to be ok with keeping her last time but as one of you said if im purposely destroying my car with my own hands then it's time to get rid. :((((

Ok so car is now running properly. But the power steering pulley seal is leaking, tcb have one for me, I need a black driver's door with glass to make the swap easier and i cam leave my old door with you, dazzy is guna spray the front end for me :)

Again thanx for the straight forward words guys and gals I'm so indecisive.

Edited by myimportedbeast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.