I'm an indecisive s*** car is sorted but I need a door.

Car is being sold for ever the hell I can get for it...drivers outer cv is now clicking on take off and corners...It was only replaced 12 months ago. I've just spent £80 at tcb for rear back plates..

I'm so f***** off with piling money into this s** heap.

Make me an offer anyone coz I want it gone I don't car what it is anything over £500 it's got almost 12 months mot.

Edited by myimportedbeast

As this is in the General area,i've edited your swearies,i still think we get the idea of your anger/frustration though. ;) Ive sworn a blue streak at my cars over the years thats for damn sure.They can be a real pig at times cant they.Have a beer or two,take a step back and then come back to it to see if its still worth your time to get the car how you want it,or indeed move it on. :shrug: Hope you dont,but its not my money..

done with this one or done with celica's ? Sell and buy a uk GT ? or something different. There is a point you have to stop spending, though the replacement may need plenty doing to it ? Better the devil you know....

Being honest id keep the gen 6 as they are one of the most reliable cars still on the road. Parts are cheap as chips and they are fairly easy to work on if anything does go wrong. I`ve moved away from celicas a few times and i always end up back in a gen 6 think i am on number 9 now. My biggest mistake was selling a nice GT so i could get a Renaultsport Clio 172 exclusive paid top dollar for it at the time with a massive folder full of receipts. Great car when it worked but was unreliable and costed a fortune to sort anything in the engine bay due to big lump no space spent 400 pounds on 2 repairs and sold it 6 months later at a loss of 600 pounds from the price i paid.

This grass isn't always greener.

To be fair my Gen6 has been pretty much reliable and I just hope the GT86 will be as good as it.

I've had the usual running costs of maintnenance and like you I've replaced CV joints (mainly due to cracked abducter rings for the ABS) but it's been a good 15yrs of pretty much faultless driving!

All the things I've had to do apart from servicing have been general wear and tear replacements.

Edited by BenMMellor

I'm not sure what I want to do with it for the future but at the moment I hate it.

My temper and wearing steel toe capped boots will not end up good for the car, it's had 2 front hubs, both front cv joints, rear shocks and they aren't even right now. I can physically hear the tensioner bearing from outside the car and and now the cv joint is gone again. Coincidence or because the engine has been jacked up to refit the mount?

I've lost my love with this car it's just bleeding me dry. I've invested money in it and have to keep selling those bits to repair the next break.

I know how you feel mate! The petrol tank leaking before the mot was the final straw with my old gen 6, but I got another fitted and sold it, I didn't want it to be scrapped. I miss it sometimes but I'm still very happy with my gen 7!

You have got to draw the line somewhere with spending on it. It's an oil burner as well isn't it?

Just keep a look out for a nice gt or try a gen 7 or even gt86 if you can!

I'm selling the gt4 bonnet, euro blocks and carbon fibre clocks surround plus the door tweeters and rear strut brace so offers will be heard on those...taking her back to standard.

Well upon removing the timing covers cavegod saw where the oil leak was and I think it was the crankshaft seal.

I don't have any money for another car so will have to borrow off my boss which is why the bits are up for sale.

I write down everything I spend on the car repairs wise so a tot up tomorrow should give me a good indication of how much I've wasted.

Ok so after muxh thought and some sleep but not much I am going to keep her but.........things are still be sold until she is sorted and behaving herself.

I've ordered the spring so shall have that replaced on thursday but if it turns out it's not the tensioner that's making noise then I will leave it...

In regards to the cv joint I guess they just don't last long or things have been jiggled on thursday to see if something has been disturbed.

Good to hear....hope you get it "sorted".!!...it's a 20+ year old car...it's gonna throw a few strops.!...but I can well understand your frustration...bloody cars eh.?.!!!...lol

Good luck with it.

Neil

what about an engine swap ? put a 3sge in there.

also - SSI comes with a S54 gear box but different drive shafts - something I don't know is can you use 3SGE drive shafts in the SSI S54 (Briano?). The driveshafts are stronger I believe in the 3sge, and a lot more common.

Something you may already have done, not sure.

Probably, guessing will be a ecu/loom/engine job, though prices what they are, wouldn't be a lot. Hopefully though the engine is fine with the tensioner spring replaced :)

will post on the Gen 6 on the gearbox/driveshaft question, as curious meself!

in my experience when a car starts acting it. like yours has been doing its usually time to sit down and work out how much its going to cost you to sort it to a condition where you can trust it and will be happy with it.

myself my GTiii cost me over £5k over 5 years and i only had 5 individual days where the car was perfect and no niggles - when it finally let its rear calipers go for the 3rd time that was its end.

I think Kazi had similar feelings when he discovered hidden rust and structural damage to his ssiii and it just became uneconomical to continue.

the above where actual 3sge engined cars so have a bit of performance to keep you hooked but if it where me I would go find another gen 6 and scrap yours. for the money you will spend on the brakes and whatever else you could buy a nice GT

I am going to look at an ssii with 60k on the clock at the weekend for less than a new set of brakes would cost :thumbs:

It's the love of the car isn't it. If the love's gone, then it's just some metal, and can weigh it up accordingly. If the love is there, you do silly things that make no sense lol ! :)

when you look out the window do you see;

a. your hot beautiful car that makes you grin

b.evil scheming b****h that's taken you for everything you've got

c. just some bit of metal, whatever, plenty more bits of metal out there

:D

Edited by digs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.