alloy rad vs oem rad.........which one to fit?

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/157717-alloy-rdiators/

Just to add a little info to the thread, the first alloy rad I had was part of a group buy & made by golpher which worked reasonably well. The second one I bought - and which seems to be the only design available - has a slightly taller core leaving little room for the top tank, hence flow is very poor as it only has about a 5mm gap to flow through. The second one I bought has only done a few hundred miles as the engine kept overheating and the block was cracked after investigation - which was cause & effect ? who knows. The rad is going for scrap either way.

For what its worth,I had a nearly newish rad in my gen 4,when we fitted the Beams we retained it..,we were doing away with the A/C to be fair,meaning there was now nothing in front of the rad so that increased air flow to the rad itself anyway.I also have a lower temp opening thermostat fitted.ive driven the car pretty damn hard at times and also spent time in traffic on way to JAE etc etc and the temp has barely moved from normal,somewhere just under halfway on my gauge.

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/157717-alloy-rdiators/

Just to add a little info to the thread, the first alloy rad I had was part of a group buy & made by golpher which worked reasonably well. The second one I bought - and which seems to be the only design available - has a slightly taller core leaving little room for the top tank, hence flow is very poor as it only has about a 5mm gap to flow through. The second one I bought has only done a few hundred miles as the engine kept overheating and the block was cracked after investigation - which was cause & effect ? who knows. The rad is going for scrap either way.

Wow the rad in that link looks shocking. I have an alloy rad in my GT-Four. Unknown on the make as it was there when I bought it but the top tank is massive. A lot bigger than the ebay rads at least and bigger than the stock item.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.