Good samariton offer declined but beware.... :(

I politely put in before she said her price that for scrap she would get £130 a tonne but there is £40-50 for the mats and £100 for the lights and if the passenger wing is good then a few quid for it there but then she said £600 was her thoughts on a price for it on ebay so I wished her good luck with the sale and left :(

You've done your best mate. I paid 750 for my facelift with fully adjustable BC coilovers, HKS induction kit, full stainless exhaust system, tints, 16 inch Enkei wheels with new rubber, steel undertray and a host of other mods.

Nope as due to the lack of coolant in the rad and the browness of it didn't want to chance it..It's only done 66k though but don't know in what sense I. E short runs or long distance.

You've done your best mate. I paid 750 for my facelift with fully adjustable BC coilovers, HKS induction kit, full stainless exhaust system, tints, 16 inch Enkei wheels with new rubber, steel undertray and a host of other mods.

Cheers funk I did try bit well as u and others said she has no chance of getting that unless she advertises it dis honestly.

Sad to hear this buddy. Obviously she seen pound signs with you showing interest. Pity she didn't understand what you were trying to do. ie save a celica from turning into a puddle of muck.

Nope as due to the lack of coolant in the rad and the browness of it didn't want to chance it..It's only done 66k though but don't know in what sense I. E short runs or long distance.

shame you didn't get the chance to sort this! Only reason i ask is at some point fancy grabbing a 3sfe engine to learn how to take apart/rebuild, and turbo another one in the future that is more robust!

I did say this would happen mate.

Hardly anyone will take scrap value for this now as its so low (unless your skint)

But worth a try.

I thought she wanted top money for this.

Yeah the mileage is low but could of been off the road for years and god knows what problems mechanical wise it has.

walk away.

I still wouldn't buy it, 3sfe is a pointless engine as suffers reliability issues that the 3sge doesn't

if its been sat for years and needs work for an MOT its sdaly not worth more than £100 and thats to someone who does't know what a 3sfe engine is. if they know what they are looking at they will turn around and walk away :(

if it has embroidered seats then its also a 25th aniversay year model

no way!

Afraid so. The car only had 2 weeks mot and a preface front end, no spoiler, faded front lights, loose underplastics. Nothing major really plus MYK let him have it a bit cheaper is he is using it for a good cause; a rally drive across Europe to Morocco to deliver supplies to an orphanage/centre for street kids :) Edited by Serratia

Thinking what you have all said and I'm glad I've walked away from it now...she was probably in it for cheap or free parts at my expense and wanted to make a good profit at my expense plus as u say jason it could have had unknown engine problems and I never did ask her the reason why it's not been used tbh...

It's just a shame what kind of gen 6 it is. I know i often hate on the ST's and SSi's but if this was a GT,ssii or ssiii or heck even a GT4 it could be justifiably rescued all day long. but to through that kind of money at a car with an engine it should never have had is a hard pill to swallow.

unless your name is digs......then you just go mad

Cheers funk and yes the rose tinted glasses were on...

Hm thanx for that bri my fe runs pretty dam well thanx so lets not tarnish them all with the same brush just a large percentage.. ;)

its just compared to a 3sge which does the same MPG. has at least 40bhp more and just will not break. and sometimes cheaper insurance

• 2 weeks later...

I still wouldn't buy it, 3sfe is a pointless engine as suffers reliability issues that the 3sge doesn't

if its been sat for years and needs work for an MOT its sdaly not worth more than £100 and thats to someone who does't know what a 3sfe engine is. if they know what they are looking at they will turn around and walk away :(

if it has embroidered seats then its also a 25th aniversay year model

Not all 3sfe engines are a problem, had mine 6 years and its been rock solid. I like it although there always seem to be a lot of haters of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.