Good samariton offer declined but beware.... :(

Ok here's the story...

A few years ago I used to work at bentleys citreon/toyota dealership in Warrington, where i used to park I used to always see this faded white import gen 6 sat on someone's drive looking very sorry for itself so I spoke to the guy and his wife who owned it and at the time she loved it and had no intention of selling so I would just look at it every day loving the colour..

Today on my way back from a roller skate at Warrington I decided to stop by at their house and see if she wanted to sell it as it looked like it hadnt been used for a while and with the intention of offering her a couple of hundred quid to take it as it is but...........

When I saw the look in her eyes and saw how much she still loves the car I couldn't do it so instead I offered to help do the car up i.e a dam good clean and polish of the bodywork, a good valet inside and an engine bay spruce up.

things I've told her she needs to buy and I will fit is a new rad, new plugs, leads dizzy cap and rotor arm, rear tyres, red toyota anti freeze...and we'll there is a small list of repairs that need doing but nothing massive tbh, the drivers front wing is creased and rusted on the edge about a foot long,

There is a small crease on the lower drivers rear quarter.

Spider webbed corners of the rear bumper

edge.

Rear 3 post spoiler need removing so I can polish out the crap underneath it.

Rear boot plastics need sorting aswel as 2 new parcel shelf clips.

The hanging rear fog light needs binning and I can wire the fog into the rear lights.

Speedo needs converting from kmh to mph with the converter chip then the speedo counter adjusting.

I can't believe I didn't offer her money but I do love these cars and this one has the original 15in alloys, door tweeters, good ish paint, jdm rear lights and the lovely 3sfe but with abs.

My car does needs jobs doing but I feel I can relish in this opportunity to help and restore another celica lovers car :)

There is a couple of things I need to source for her and the first being a new rad. It's a light brown colour and I've warned her if she starts it be aware it may pop at anytime.

I will add more to this soon but for now I thought I would share my day with u :)

Edited by myimportedbeast

That is just such a fantastic story and a really kind offer on your part! So nice to hear she couldn't bear to part with it - even if it looked a bit of a mess.

Sounds like you are going to enjoy this challenge :) . You'll have to fill us in on why the car got to this stage.

That is just such a fantastic story and a really kind offer on your part! So nice to hear she couldn't bear to part with it - even if it looked a bit of a mess.

Sounds like you are going to enjoy this challenge :) . You'll have to fill us in on why the car got to this stage.

Hey thanx :) just don't want to see someone gutted when they scrap such a good car and regret it instantly and letting another gen 6 disappear from existence, it's mostly cosmetic stuff and a service plus some work inside which most of I can do :)

Haha no she is not single and I doubt that will change red and Sherv :P

Great gesture. Like a club Car SOS. Happy to donate parts if I have what you might need.

Defo yes car club sos I like it..

I may take u up on that cheers.

The mains things are at the mo,

A pair of door cards.

bigger gt rad.

Pair of parcel shelf clips.

White rear bumper.

:)

Teach them both how to look after the car and how cheap it can be to maintain. Nice gesture from yourself. Celica brotherhood, sisters included ;)

I know NIX has a few bits kicking around still, he might be able to assist. Or the other ex breakers.

Teach them both how to look after the car and how cheap it can be to maintain. Nice gesture from yourself. Celica brotherhood, sisters included ;)

I know NIX has a few bits kicking around still, he might be able to assist. Or the other ex breakers.

That's a good idea red :) and thanx I do love workng on these cars but I feel she hasn't got much money which is possibly why it's sat there so long so may be on the hunt for donations of parts if I can at least cover the delivery..

Yes...great project...lovely gesture...hope it all comes to fruition. :thumbs:

Neil

Cheers neil and me too I hope it all works out.

You missed out club membershipfrom the shopping list ;;)

Holy space balls I knew there was something else..I took a pic of the van plate.

20150510_164219_zpsfarkgaan.jpg

It has a UK front plate and uk turn dial heater controls but the speedo is in kmh and it's only done 107000km :o

with the intention of offering her a couple of hundred quid to take it as it is but...........

When I saw the look in her eyes and saw how much she still loves the car I couldn't do it so instead I offered to help do the car up

I bow to you sir.... this is awesome.... :adora: :adora: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is why i love this club......

Cheers Dean (see I got ur name right haha) and celicamojo this car so needs to be rescued and with such low miles, a good friend has pointed out that I need to be careful though that I'm not being used to provide free or cheap parts then she reaps the benefits and sells the car for a massive profit so that will stay in my mind as an air of caution :)

But I am still very excited and will provide endless pics and a progress thread once it gets underway :)

Do you think it should go in modifications or gen 6?

I would have thought stay in here - as it is an SOS story to help someone out, rather than your own ongoing mod thread. If you put it in to Gen 6, the rest of us might not get in there so often to continue the story. That's just my thinking from someone who doesn't mod and isn't a Gen 6 owner :D

Ok little update or rather a big one with some sad news..

Firstly thanku for all ur kinds words of encouragement very much appreciated and I was soo looking forward to doing the car up but on seeing the woman today she has decided to sell the car as it is but I'm slightly worried that she is going to big it up and sell it as somethings it's not so I'm posting a list of the things that are wrong with it as she wants £600 with no mot and hasn't been used for a couple of years at least..

list is as follows.

severe ish rust along the edge of the drivers wing and potentially the same on the passenger side.

paint is very faded but a good polish should help.

Rear bumper has paint peel damage on the drivers corner.

Lower rear quarter drivers side has low speed impact damage with rust. And same on the other side I think but can't see properly as it's parked up against the hedge.

front bumper has small marks.

front and rear tyres have age related cracks.

Radiator is very light brown and ready to pop soon.

Parcel shelf clips missing and boot plastics damaged.

Interior needs a dam good valet.

The car is an white import N red and is a 3sfe facelift located in warrington with abs but no mot and needs quite a bit for it..

Good points are..Facelift rear lights. Full set of black hyper sport mats in mint condition.

Not bad nick 15inch alloys.

Celica embossed seats in good nick.

I've put the above points on as I'm worried this car may end up being listed on ebay less than honestly so she can achieve the very high price for a non mot'd car with minor damage.

Edited by myimportedbeast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.