Would like to be a GT4 owner again

Give Adrian Flux a call. They've always been good to me with my jdm gen6

That seems to be one of the only companies that will go near them in the first place, but thats the actual one that quoted me £1500 for an import GT4 compared to £500 for a UK model. That was a good few years back mind (pre credit crunch), but the difference in cost was huge back then. Maybe you guys are trying to compare other models of gen 6 to a GT4, its not the same

Edited by Klaxon

My 205 is less than £300 jap import through greenlight.

Though it is a limited mileage & only used for pleasure policy.

Even when it wasn't it was still less than £500 for the last 3 or 4 years.

My 205 is less than £300 jap import through greenlight.

Though it is a limited mileage & only used for pleasure policy.

Even when it wasn't it was still less than £500 for the last 3 or 4 years.

yeah classic policies don't count because they are all usually <£300 but you can't actually drive the car. I mean fully comp prices.

I pay £390 fully comp for my UK ST205 with RAC and its been about the same for the past 2 years, I'm 35. They did try and put it up last year but you just phone them up and go oi, I think every company does that.The UK cars are real cheap to insure as they are only group 17 and you can go to any company. I was insured for as low as £330 with bewiser but they sounded like a load of monkeys so I cancelled the policy lol.

And I got a free meercat too, which lets face it is a pretty big deal. And its got little spectacles.

• Like 1

yeah classic policies don't count because they are all usually <£300 but you can't actually drive the car. I mean fully comp prices.

I pay £390 fully comp for my UK ST205 with RAC and its been about the same for the past 2 years, I'm 35. They did try and put it up last year but you just phone them up and go oi, I think every company does that.The UK cars are real cheap to insure as they are only group 17 and you can go to any company. I was insured for as low as £330 with bewiser but they sounded like a load of monkeys so I cancelled the policy lol.

And I got a free meercat too, which lets face it is a pretty big deal. And its got little spectacles.

Well if it comes with free spectacles too - the policy has got to be worth it :D

• Like 1

Think I need another GT4 in my life.....

Would love another ST205 for sure, but I have been looking at the ST185 and im liking them a lot, but what are they like compared to the ST205?

Well IMO the ST185 is more fun to drive and the ST205 is more of a cruiser ;)

Both are great cars but both are very different, and yes I am speaking from experience!

It really does depend on what you want from your car, as you have already had an ST205 and assuming you was happy with it then go for another one, if however you want a change then get an ST185 you will notice a lot of differences and I dont mean the obvious ones I mean the driveability/feeling ones.

Take an ST185 for a test drive and see what you think :)

I wont go into the pro's & con's because this has been covered countless times but if you want more info about the differences then by all means ask any questions ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classic car policies are only applicable aswell if the car in question isn't the main daily driver, classic policy is only on 2nd or higher car as it can't be something that is driven daily which is not something people mention when they say oh I only pay £*** on classic insurance but neglect to mention it's not their daily driver!

It does suit me especially with the year ahead, a new born daughter and the car off the road for work, if I get it on the road for show season it won't be doing a great deal of miles and its my second car.

Just because the policy seems like a joke to you doesn't mean it is.

It's also a fully comp policy with all associated benefits.

owned both a uk GT4 and a jdm GT4 both ST205 at the same time. insurance for both was around £350 each through greenlight.

I am right about the power figures. as the moment you drive it off the boat its no longer getting 100RON fuel and at best its getting 98 or 99RON.

Might be selling my ST205 JDM in the next 6 weeks. Insurance is only £300 a year for fully comp and 6000miles through Zenith

20140913_135250_zpsvybzdrx3.jpg

Mechanically the car is spot on but would need some attention to the body work.

If your interested and want more info drop me a PM.

Wh

I dispute your power figures. You are saying if I use 99 RON instead of 100RON I would lose 30bhp?

Nonsense sorry. the 2 cars have quite a few differences engine wise. Fuel is one of the reasons for the difference in power but not the only reason by a long shot.

What are the differences engine wise then?

Afaik the only difference is the ecu and that's only down to the difference in fuel as already mentioned.

You also said earlier that things like brakes are different between uk and JDM cars, again which parts are actually different?

What are the differences engine wise then?

Afaik the only difference is the ecu and that's only down to the difference in fuel as already mentioned.

You also said earlier that things like brakes are different between uk and JDM cars, again which parts are actually different?

I've already mentioned UK cars have EGR and JDM ones don't, thats probably where a fair amount of bhp is lost on the UK ones

ECU we know about,

Sumps are different, UK has an oil level sensor, JDM ones don't,

UK ones have airbags JDM ones don't appear to

JDM ones are restricted to 100mph

Brake wise Jap has 4 pot calipers UK has 2 pot (I believe)

The track width is wider on the UK car than the JDM as well

Cosmetic differences too ie rear number plate surround

If you want to know a complete list of all the differences go and ask someone who breaks them or sells parts for them. Theres loads of minor differences. They are not identical at all

Oh yeah JDM have ceramics turbos, UK ones have metal, just thought of another one

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.