super unleaded

Yeah any car with a knock sensor will be able to adjust to the higher spec fuel, you will get more power and often better economy as it accelerates better for using less fuel-

Best you can get in the UK is Shell Nitro and Tescos Momentum which is both 99 spec though the Shell is likely a much higher quality fuel as tescos don't operate refineries like Shell, Tescos got it majorly wrong in the mid 2000s where they had a bad batch of fuel and it started wrecking peoples cars (anyone remember that? lol)

Japanese imports will run on even higher grade fuel, over there they can get fuel which is over 100 RON so you have no choice but to use super unleaded in JDM imports, they won't run well at all on the low grade 95

Older cars with no knock sensors (early 90s) will not be able to adjust so theres no point in using it, on those, think most celicas have it, was surprised to find out the gen 5 has one and that seems to run a lot better on the high grade

Edited by Klaxon

This subject has been done to death so many times now but yes V-Power Nitro + is better for your engine. Will not give you more power but will burn better, run smoother and keep the internals cleaner especially with better plugs.

This subject has been done to death so many times now but yes V-Power Nitro + is better for your engine. Will not give you more power but will burn better, run smoother and keep the internals cleaner especially with better plugs.

This.I only run Shell nitro in mine as its an import engine

Perhaps it should be done again with the correct information then as the 205 and (I believe the 185 too) will absolutely produce more power on shell nitro compared to 95. The knock sensor detects the low grade fuel and the ECU is run in a restricted power mode, you have to fill it up with high grade and reset the ECU to get full power

Try filling it up with 95 and putting your foot down in one of the turbo celicas, it runs like ass on 95.....i only use it if I get caught short and never give it the beans on that stuff

Edited by Klaxon

Aye, it's all about the knock. The difference I've seen on the Apexi readout, between vpower & texaco premium is ridiculous. On vpower the knock level never goes above 27 when pushing, but on Texaco shite it doesn't take much at all to get her into the mid 40's. I'll have to test other fuels see what the craic is.

• Like 1

Used regular unleaded for the first couple of months of ownership. Switched to V power and wouldn't look back. Car is more responsive and seems to run a lot smoother. I have seen a small increase in MPG also but not as much as the price warrants.

I saw noticeable increase in price, nothing more on V-power.

Try a noticeable decrease in right foot, thats the beauty of the higher octane stuff, you don't have to press the pedal as much to get the same amount of beans as you would on the old 95 grade....

Skiny are you talking gen 5??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.