Arch rolling

cipprio

Had to take my rear ones back off due to rubbing the arch . Mine are 25 mm with 215/45/17s. Going to roll the arches my self when the roller gets hear

Same problem as me then mate...gonna order a roller next week.

Let me know how you get on with it..have you got a roller? 27mm is wide, what size tyres do you have.

Yeah I'm a little nervous about it but we shall see. Running a 215/40/17 I'm sure, maybe 215/45/17 actually but I think it's a 40. It's my friends roller he just bought, looks pretty jazzy and I'm hoping it will not be needed too much...

• Like 1

Not sure what your arches are like but the lip on mine tends to slope down a bit rather than straight or slightly upward like on most model cars .

Rollers are not to bad in price now . Can pick them up for around £40-£50. The paint doesn't need that much heat to stop it cracking , Just a quick over with a heat gun before each roll will do the trick.

£60 a side to have mine professionally rolled and the inside lip sealed to prevent corrosion.

I run 22mm rear spacers with 215/45/17s plus Meister R coilovers. Before rolling I got scrubbage, now I get none.

Even when the boot is filled with 10 bags of sand :D

IMAG1773_zps818143d8.jpg

• Like 1

£60 a side to have mine professionally rolled and the inside lip sealed to prevent corrosion.

I run 22mm rear spacers with 215/45/17s plus Meister R coilovers. Before rolling I got scrubbage, now I get none.

Even when the boot is filled with 10 bags of sand :D

IMAG1773_zps818143d8.jpg

Cool mate. I Should of gone for 20-22mm spacers.

Not a bad price for a good looking and professional job.

Cars looking great mate.

• Like 1

Ok I'm looking at getting some new spacers maybe instead of arch rolling but can't work out what size to go down to. I've got 25mm now with 215 tyres and they just rub on the inside lip so I'm thinking maybe 20mm spacers. What does everyone think?.

I gotta take onto account I have some negative camber that will hopefully be sorted eventually.

My advice, get it done by a pro. My mate tried one of mine at the weekend and it didn't go well. Save yourself the time and money in the long run and get it done by a pro :)

Cheers mate thanks for the advice. I'm looking at smaller spacers now.
  • Like 1

Same, I'm gonna run with 17's out the aback I think and get my arched rolled by a pro. It's not worth cracking the paint/making a mess of it when it's relatively cheap to be done by a pro :)

I managed to slightly bent up the lip with a protective ended clamp, only slightly as not to crack the paint..haven't had any more rubbing but I know I will with a bit more weight in..Can't find anywhere in Bristol to arch roll.

There must be a mobile arch rolling company who can do them round these parts, if not it's a big niche in the market! The arch has a sealed lip thing running along the inside and which needs to be removed if you're going for a full roll I think, that's what I read. it's painted on but looks like silicone seal when it comes off pretty much. If you managed to bend the lip up without it separating that lip from the arch then you're doing well!

Archenemy do mobile rolling but only come as close as Oxfordshire and they want £50 per arch..

Might it be worth gauging interest and then seeing if members want to meet at a mutually acceptable location that archenemy can come to and do a "group roll"! [emoji2] Obviously we'd be looking for a group discount from them! [emoji12]
  • Like 1

Might it be worth gauging interest and then seeing if members want to meet at a mutually acceptable location that archenemy can come to and do a "group roll"! [emoji2] Obviously we'd be looking for a group discount from them! [emoji12]

That's a good idea mark. They come as far as Oxfordshire but may do further afar if they had a group roll. ..lol
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.