Arch rolling

cipprio

you can buy an arch roller off of ebay for the price you wood be charged to get it done, fairly straight forward to do.

I have seen them mate but not sure I've got the nerve to do it..will have to buy a heat gun also.

Baseball bat?

olde skool and very effective, pulls the wrist outa ya but lol

wooden rolling pin also works well but dont forget the glove for the hand inside the arch

Lol threw away my bat last year. May have someone to do it if not I'll buy a roller and do it myself...forgot to take into consideration that I have 215/45/17's when ordering 25mm spacers...lol

Make sure its done right. Seen various cars with rusty arches as a result of bad arch rolling jobs

Cheers mate, have heard some horror stories. I think the art is to take is slow and not rush it.

this is where the heatgun comes into play, just heat the paint enough for it to not crack when rolling. people forget about the paint behind the arch and this causes rust in no time, i wood have them treated after doing it.

this is where the heatgun comes into play, just heat the paint enough for it to not crack when rolling. people forget about the paint behind the arch and this causes rust in no time, i wood have them treated after doing it.

I've watched a few demos now and they all use a heat gun, I guess it makes the paint and metal a little more flexible. Even if the paint looks fine with no cracks it's worth painting the lip just to play safe.

Just take the rear spacers off then at least it wont catch on the arch and you can wait until the right time to either buy new tyres, new spacers or have the arches rolled.

It's not hitting all the time just the once that I had 3 up...just gonna be the 2 of us from now on..lol

Was contemplating taking them off but think I'll just go with less weight option as I don't think I can deal with sunken wheels again.

My second car was a good condition Mk2 first 1.4 Ghia. Great little car. Got it lowered and got a set of alloys on it (good old student loans!). To "roll" the arches I used a rag and pair of pliers and simply bent them up into the arch all round. Worked pretty well three arches were perfect. One I dented slightly, looked like a car park ding, and that cracked the paint a little. So home remedys can work. But the proper tool is easy to use. And be wary with a heat gun on paint work. It can go from normal to bubbled up burnt easily!!

I'm going to have a go at mine tomorrow, hopefully it won't need too much persuasion. I'm picking up some 27mm spacers this evening and hoping my wheels aren't too wide already. Arch rolling makes me nervous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.