Is it worth saving?

Got a similar rotbox on my forecourt at the moment. Come and save that one if you like. I bought it cos I really missed my 5, paid £500 for it, spent £500, lo and behold, its a complete shitter and wants setting on fire or pushing into a lake

You can't polish a turd. I had a good old polish attempt for that £500 and it has ended in total disappointment.

Its just sitting there now. What can you do with a car that owes you £1000 thats probably worth about £200 on a good day though? I want the wheels off it, dunno how to go about that really as then I will have a car with no wheels haha.

this one in the post has the shitty 14" wheels too. They are really good around town but not as good as the 15s handling wise

If you have somewhere to keep it/work on it, it would be a good project car. Good for keeping your hand in with welding, mechanical and painting. It will need everything replacing and cost a fair bit of coin in the process too. But it is what it is, an old Gen5 with that gawd awful blue interior :P

I love these cars and would like to see all the remaining ones saved. If you take it on and rescue it. Well done that man! :thumbs:

its not beyond saving dont always beleave what they stick on an mot test certificate i got told my pipes were corroded yet all i did was clean them up and take the crap off them and they have passed one of the stricktest mot places going for the last 3 years some say rust this rust that a good wire brushing and if the metal is good under it treat with krust and repaint worst parts on these are the sills outer and inner window wipers probably need new blades jets probably just need a needle stuck down the hole brakes you can service then a dam good clean up even that dent in the rear you could probably take most of it out yourself

Edited by carlasumm
  • Like 1

There are nice ones around though. A guy was selling a black one on here recently for a fraction of the price this would cost to make into an ex donkey.....thats where I went wrong with my turquoise one. Bought of some muppet on ebay who had not actually changed the oil for 3 years

with time and money it could be saved, i wood take it for 200 for breaking. ive broke a few the last few years and parts do sell quick enough. a good 70% of parts ive sold have went over to the mainland and further

as they start to get saved the demand for parts has increased B)

I hope you know thermoacc that this is partially your faulty after I read your rebuild thread!?! :D

But alas, I'm thinking not so much unfortunately! I love the look of the 5's but looking deeper at the pics it'll probably need quite a bit of time which I couldn't give it at the moment (still working on building my cafe racer!). Shame really as hate to see an older car/bike go the way of the dodo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.