Not a.happy monkey

Spent quite a few hours cleaning, polishing & detailing the car yesterday and reasonably happy with the results but then last night it rained. No real problems with that, but looking at the car this morning ot looks like someone has chucked a bag of fine sand over the car.

Apparently due to the recent air pollution and change of wind direction, the rain droplets were loaded with dust from the Sahara.

Great

Yep...same here...washed, clayed, polished the car yesterday...rained early this morning and needs doing again given all the sandy crap it left behind..!!. (well, needs a wash at least)

Deep joy. :angry:

Neil

Same predicament here! In the past week I've washed, two stage G3 treatment, window waxed, tyre dressed, plastX etc on both the girlfriends Fiesta and my Celica, only to return from a few days working down south to both cars covered in sand :(

Club meet tomorrow as well so I'll need to do mine again, and hope for the best today!

Not cool :(

we often get Saharan sand with the rain. Richard Hammond done a show (wild weather with Richard Hammond) that explains why we get sand in the rain. If your sad like me its a good watch, sure it was on bbc a few months back

• Like 1

I wondered why mine was covered in brown spots yesterday when I washed it. I gave up polishing it in the end because every time the wind blew it looked like it had been sprinkled with brown caster sugar :(

Avian excrement (or bird shite if you prefer) is a bloody nuisance.!.....I swear they watch you finish cleaning the car..and then swoop on a bombing run...and a very accurate one.!

...and WE have fed them, the ungrateful little barstewards. :angry: ..thank goodness the local Red Kites and the Ospreys from Rutland water (about 2 miles away) don't drop their load on my Celica...I think I might have to dig it out.! :rolleyes:

Neil

...and WE have fed them, the ungrateful little barstewards. :angry:

^ That be the problem then, wtf are you feeding them :lol:?

We had a bird at work once who would perch in the same tree and leave massive purple ones with large seeds everywhere. I don't envy him.. (Obviously my car went no where near that tree!)

Also mine is covered in sand as well.. Not happy lol

Edited by Alex991

Washed mine Friday. Been in the garage since so she is still shiny. Long drive to Birmingham tomorrow for a training course so I'm sure it won't last long.

I live in Birmingham and the entire city is like a desert, I've stopped doing the wax thing as its just pointless, wash and spray on shine, dry with a cloth, takes 30 mins to clean, no point in doing more because overnight is covered in dust again.

Combination of airpollution and many local businesses being construction companies or waste management companies and lorries everywhere full of sand lol

Edited by Klaxon

So I'm not going near the centre. Marstons green I think the area is called.

yeah thats right by the tip on bickenhill, you can't escape it dude lol.

the motorway is also especially dusty in those areas around the airport and so is the a45, always construction work going on

Edited by Klaxon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.