Urgent Help Needed ASAP

I would spend £18 on a new key, but its only to undo my front wheels.

My garage I used to replace my tyres shattered my locking nut key and had to cut the back 2 locking nuts off and tried to charge me £20 extra labour and said they would have to charge me another £20 to cut the front one off next time I come in to get my tyres changed!!

So I would have a new locking key for only 2 nuts and would then have to buy a new set to go on the back as well. So I have decided not to bother with new locking nuts and just use standard wheel bolts.

Edited by wintersun

Did they use air gun on that key? I'm pretty sure key isn't impact wrench rated. If that's the case garage should pay for new key to remove front locking nuts and for replacement set of locking nuts.

I don't know to be honest, it's a pretty big garage, it's a Suzuki & Kia dealership garage (I know i know) but they do MOT, Servicing etc etc. so I'm guessing they probably used an air line gun to remove them. I didn't pay the £20 to get my rears off as I had ordered my tyres online and paid upfront with fitting. So they can get stuffed if they are getting £20 off me next time I go in, plus another £20 to remove fronts, £40 in total they want from me because they shattered my lock key!

• Like 1

just ask them for their torque wrench, and calibration certificate, watch them running in panic for a while. Pull out new key & locking nut set invouce, say something about trade standards and phone call, then enjoy invoice being paid for.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.