celica still dead

Sooo getting frustrated with this now. My celica died nearly 2 yrs ago now and im just attempting to get it started again. Basically checked earth points and they are all good. Checked fuses and they are good what relays should i check? Had a battery on charge for 2 hours starts my mates car but put it ion mine nothing. All the lights on the dash are lit up bright when i put the ignition on but as soon as i turn it to start the car i get one click from the starter and the lights on the dash dim/turn off. Tried hitting the starter with a hammer and still nothing. Going to try and turn the crank by hand tomorrow hopefully and see if thats free then i can rule out a seized engine. Also done a diag check and its come back as clear, but that could be due to the battery being off for a while. When this all happened there was no warning and it just cut out with no dash lights either and no bad noises from the engine. Tbh the car was running better than ever before this happend. Hope someone can shed some light.

I'd try a known good battery , mine i thought was ok but although lights up on dash it was just clicking fast when tried to start, new battery and it was fine. immobilisor i dont think as then it turns over but doesnt fire, as fuel isnt getting through

Im in preston yep cut out whilst driving. Managed to bump start it once and 5mins later cut out and not been able to start it since. Can here the fuel pump when the ignition is on. Iirc i got the starter motor off briano last yr maybe yr before when it happend. I have another engine back in manchester so can take a starter and alternator off that tried jump starting it and bump starting and nothing. Altho yesturday i had the starter clicking really fast but now it wont do that. Will try another battery

Soon as i turn the ignition on bout 10 secs later i can hear the pump. Surely if the fuel pump was nakerd it would still turn over? Just not start. Mines not even turning over. Will try and jump start it tonight see how that goes.

Is there a chance it could be seized?

done abit more fettling tonight, tried another battery and this is all the car was doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AEgDLYhuY4

mess around with some earth points and all of them seemed ok, took the spark plugs out to find that the rocker cover gasket needs changing, then tried to start the car again with a booster pack aswell and all im getting now is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmrq3PKMGPw

checked through the plug holes and all is clean through the hole too,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.