Hel brake line crush washers

Jim881

Hi all,

I'm the process of fitting new discs and pads and while I'm at it I'm gonna strip and clean my rear calipers.

I want to replace my copper crush washers. Does anyone know the size and where to get them from?

Cheers jim

Hi my hubby always reuses copper washers. Is simple even I can do it now. Clean washer then heat till cherry red, leave to cool and job done.

Blowtorch, gas ring on cooker, never tried electric :D or camping stove. Saves searching for new ones

Not that is the work of a properly trained 'old school' engineer. ;)

And if you cool it quickly in water it makes no difference to the annealing process but stops the copper anodizing up while it cools, you can do the same for Aluminum washers as well same process but harder to judge when hot enough.

I annealed the copper brake line washers on my mtb 4 pot calipers about this time last year. They've been fine and I've given them a good bit of use downhill with any leaks.

Proof it works first hand, and no better way of showing it :) We could do with a list on parts we can easily recycle,

:greenjumpers: Celica club goes green :greenjumpers:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.